32

It felt as if this was the 1000th time Beomgyu has beaten himself up for replying with a "yes" to staying over at Taehyun's. What was he thinking? Him? Meeting Taehyun's parents? Well, technically he has. But this time, it was different. He would be meeting the latter's parents as Taehyun's boyfriend. A horrible voice inside of Beomgyu's mind kept telling how he'll get rejected on the spot.

He would be lying if he said that there hasn't been a moment where he felt as if Taehyun didn't deserve someone like him. But, Taehyun being the caring boyfriend he is, would constantly remind the latter how he was all he could ask for in a significant other.

"What am I going to do?" Asked Beomgyu dismissively. It was currently lunch; Taehyun was still lining up to get his food while the rest had already gotten theirs.

"Hey, calm down, you're going to do just fine," Soobin reassured.

"Any tips or advice?" Beomgyu asked, who was still doubtful that their meeting would run smoothly without any plans or backup.

"We aren't the most experienced, but here are some tips from Google," said Hueningkai as he brought his phone out. "Okay so, 'don't bring your phone out to the dinner table.'" As if I even have one in the first place, Beomgyu thought to himself. "'Don't get all touchy with Taehyun when his parents are around,' 'don't forget your manners,' 'don't....'"

And Hueningkai continued on and on about the "don'ts" and "do's" from multiple websites, but while he was reciting each of them, nothing seemed to have been fully absorbed by Beomgyu as the only words he could grasp onto was "don't do this," or if not, "try not to...."

"That's it. I'm going to mess up this meeting," he said at once.

"What are you going to mess up?" Spoke a voice from behind them; it was Taehyun.

"Oh, Beomgyu is just worried about meeting your―" Hueningkai's sentence got cut off as Beomgyu's you-better-shut-up face glowered in his direction.

"Meeting my parents?" Soobin and Hueningkai nodded.

"Don't worry too much," Taehyun smiled as he sat next to Beomgyu. "You'll do great, I just know it," he continued as he ruffled his boyfriend's hair (Hueningkai and Soobin restrained from cringing). Beomgyu nodded his head slowly. Oddly enough, just hearing those simple words from Taehyun made him much more reassured.

I'll do fine. Beomgyu thought to himself.

»»—— ——««

"I'm not going to do fine," Beomgyu sighed for what seemed like the nth time today.

"It'll go just fine," said Taehyun comfortingly, who had plopped himself onto Beomgyu's bed. They were currently at Beomgyu's to help him pack all he needed for the rest of the week and to also help him pick out an outfit.

The sudden suggestion made by Taehyun to help him pack up caught Beomgyu off-guard, but of course, he couldn't turn down his help―especially when Taehyun looked so excited to finally visit Beomgyu's home.

Though right now, he very much wished he had cleaned his room up a little this morning. To put it simply, his room wasn't exactly in its most presentable state with his bed being messily made, and his desk just clustered with all sorts of papers and books. Taehyun, of course, reassured him that he didn't mind Beomgyu's room being slightly messy (though, in Beomgyu's opinion, 'slightly messy' was an understatement of the catastrophic condition his room was in).

It didn't take too long to pack up since Beomgyu just threw in a couple of hoodies and jeans while including some toiletries before moving onto the nerve-wracking phase of picking an outfit to wear.