67

"Please, welcome, Tomorrow by Together!"

Tomorrow by Together, Mr Kang thought, clearly remembering Taehyun mentioning something about their band name sounding something like that. His gaze fell over to the stage to see five boys. He couldn't spot his own son among the group of five, but then, he caught the glimmer in the blonde boy's eyes, the brilliant smile he was wearing, one he hasn't seen in years.

It definitely has been a while since he last saw Taehyun smiling so brightly.

Music flowed across the hall as Mr Kang sat there, completely captivated by their voices... Taehyun's especially. It was like a drop of euphoria. So sweet, so soothing, making him and the audience's worries melt away by the sound of his angelic voice.

He has never heard the boy sing. And he finally recalled why.

It was because he never gave a chance.

A chance for the younger to prove himself. A chance for the younger to chase after his dreams. A chance for him to show just how much he took music seriously.

Why?

Because he was stuck in the past. Stuck and held back in place by his late brother's mistakes and regrets. His heart clenched tightly with guilt by the remembrance of his dead brother, not realising a tear falling down his cheek.

"Honey, are you alright?" His wife's voice spoke, her voice bringing Mr Kang out of his daze.

"Yeah—I'm fine," he replied, composing himself together.

The shine in Taehyun's eyes... he once saw that very same one in his brother's eyes.

He wanted to protect Taehyun, to make sure that he wouldn't repeat his brother's mistakes, but was it really for the best?

"Our son really is something," Mrs Kang smiled.

"Yeah...he really is," he breathed.

He allowed himself to enjoy the show once again as Taehyun's part came. The smile he had on his face, the twinkle in his eyes, the passion in his voice. His decision was crystal-clear now.

»»—— ——««

"Sir, are you sure you won't regret this?" Asked Mr Jae, the Kangs driver.

"I definitely won't be disappointed," Mr Kang replied coolly.

"As you wish, sir."

»»—— ——««

On a familiar street, on a night just like any other, Soobin strolled towards his house with Yeonjun by his side, who insisted to walk him home. This wasn't the first time they had done this. But tonight, it just feels different. The sound of their shoes softly walking against the road tarmac followed the sound of the warm breeze brushing past by the two as they soon reached Soobin's house.

"We're here," spoke Yeonjun.

"Huh—oh, yeah," Soobin mumbled in response, silently wishing that their moments together could last longer.

"I'll see you tomorrow at school!" Yeonjun waved, turning around.

"Wait!"

The pink-haired boy turned around, feeling Soobin's soft hands gripping onto his, telling him to stay. "There's just something I'd like to tell you..." he uttered, feeling flustered as he stared down at his shoes. Yeonjun widened his eyes slightly before repositioning himself to face the latter.

"I—I like you,"

It felt as if time has stopped right there and then as seconds passed by as years. Nothing but the soft rustle of the leaves being blown by the wind filled the air as Soobin wondered if the boy had even heard him.

Slowly, Soobin looked up to see the latter's face flushed a deep shade of red. He didn't know whether that was a good sign or not—did he perhaps confessed way too soon?

"Uhm, I'll head back inside now. Goodnight," he prattled, bowing down as he was in the action of turning away before being pulled back by a hand. Soobin now found himself pinned against the brick pillar of his house, being cornered by the one and only, Choi Yeonjun, their lips inches away from each other. Without holding back, he slipped a hand onto the back of Yeonjun's neck, pulling him in as their lips met.

It wasn't hungry or sensual, but one that was sweet and warm as their lips moulded perfectly into each other. At that moment, it didn't matter whether or not the latter had an answer to his confession. Feeling as if everything Yeonjun wanted to tell him was being poured out and expressed by the kiss they were sharing right now.

Having to pull away, their eyes locked momentarily; Yeonjun couldn't bother to suppress a grin. "Did that answer your confession?"

Only Soobin wasn't listening, his mind was still trying to process how he literally just kissed his crush; that was his first kiss. He tried to collect the words in his mind to respond to the boy's response, but he physically wasn't able to do so with his legs going weak and his mind caught in a daze.

"Goodnight, Soobin." Yeonjun clasped the boy's hand with his, kneeling as he planted a soft kiss onto Soobin's delicate fingers before walking away.