13

"Class, let's welcome our new classmate, Choi Yeonjun!" Mr Jung said as a boy entered the room.

Both girls and boys gaped at him with their mouths hanging open—for starters, this guy is extremely attractive with almond-shaped eyes and an incredibly sharp jawline. Or perhaps it was the fact that his hair was dyed to a blazing blue, with silver chains hanging from the pocket of his pants and how he had double piercings on both of his ears.

Whoever this guy was, he had absolutely no fear coming to school looking like some gangster.

"Yeonjun, would you like to introduce yourself?" Mr Jung asked.

"I'm sure they already know my name, isn't that enough?" Yeonjun spoke in an impudent tone, forgetting the fact that he was speaking to a literal teacher who has the authority to send him straight to detention if he wanted to.

Mr Jung chose to ignore this as he began to tell Yeonjun that it would be better to introduce himself in more depth so that his classmates would get to know him better.

"I'm Yeonjun, and my English name is Daniel," he spoke, heaving a heavy sigh, as if doing a simple introduction was a hassle. Everyone in the room seemed to have yet absorbed the shock of what a literal delinquent this guy was—just the boys at least.

"Wahhh, Soo-ji, he's definitely your type," a girl said to a friend nearby.

"Oh and I'm not interested in being in a relationship," Yeonjun added, totally not acting as if he had just heard someone casually conversing on how he's their type. Soo ji and her friend quickly diverted their eyes from Yeonjun's piercing gaze.

"Is that all?" Mr Jung whispered to Yeonjun who merely replied with a nod. "Well then you can just take your seat over there," he continued, gesturing to the empty seat which was on the far right.

"Taehyun, are you alright?" Beomgyu asked who he hasn't taken his eyes off Yeonjun, his chest rising and falling rapidly with his fists clenched.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Taehyun mumbled, heaving his bag over his shoulder as they made their way to the next class.

»»—— ——««

During the last few lessons, Beomgyu was starting to grow mildly worried for the latter. For the entire time, it seemed as if Taehyun simply couldn't pay attention to what the teacher was explaining (not that he needed it anyway considering how he is a literal genius), but Beomgyu couldn't help but sense that he has been acting absent-mindedly all morning.

"Taehyun," Beomgyu spoke, noticing how he has been picking at his food for the past 5 minutes.

"Yeah?" Taehyun asked, trying to shake his mind off his thoughts.

"Are you okay? Well I mean you don't look too good—"

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Terry, or should I say, Kang Taehyun?" A menacing voice from behind them spoke. Beomgyu whirled his head behind to see none other than their new classmate- Choi Yeonjun.

"I'm sorry, but who?" Hueningkai asked, appalled, as to who had the audacity to come up to their lunch table daring to cause a nuisance.

"New classmate," Beomgyu quickly replied in a low whisper.

"Don't you remember me? It hasn't been that long you know," Yeonjun spoke with a smirk on his face, clearly enjoying how Taehyun's getting agitated as he stopped picking at his food, clenching his fists tightly.

"What are you doing here?" Taehyun asked in a dangerously low voice, it seemed as if the whole cafeteria had stopped whatever they were doing at the moment and stared at the two, as though they were anticipating a fight scene about to appear up in a movie.

"Isn't obvious? I moved to Korea and who knew I'd see you here?" Yeonjun spoke with a malicious laugh. Taehyun said nothing but his anger didn't subside in the least.

"And who do we have here? Your boyfriend? He has been tailing behind you all day. I wouldn't blame you though, he's quite the pretty one-"

Taehyun instantly stood up from his seat and made his way towards Yeonjun before grabbing him by the collar.

"If you dare lay a finger on Beomgyu, I'm going to kill you," Taehyun spoke in a voice just soft enough for Yeonjun to hear, though not too low to the point the anger in his voice wasn't expressed clearly enough. Yeonjun heard what he had to say loud and clear.

"Woah, Woah, Woah, let's back it up okay?" Hueningkai said, pulling Taehyun back by the shoulder. Taehyun shot Yeonjun one last glare before releasing his collar and heading back towards his seat. Yeonjun took the hint and let out a "tsk" as he returned to his as well.

A thousand questions were waiting to be answered as to what had just happened between the two, though judging from Taehyun's current expression, now wasn't the best time to ask as the four of them spent the rest of the lunch period eating in the tensed silence.