29

It felt as if a thousand butterflies were now dancing around in Beomgyu's stomach as Taehyun's lips met his. Forgetting the sadness he had felt no more than a minute ago, Beomgyu closed his eyes as their lips moved in sync, allowing himself to live in this fleeting moment of bliss.

Slipping his hand to the back of Beomgyu's neck, Taehyun pulled him in closer, tilting his head slightly to deepen the kiss before pulling away slowly. 

Beomgyu stared into Taehyun's eyes, letting out a hiccup on accident. Embarrassed, his face flushed a deep shade of crimson red as Beomgyu quickly covered his mouth with his right hand.

Taehyun merely let out a soft chuckle as he ruffled Beomgyu's hair which seemed to have only made the latter even more flustered.

"I like you, Beomgyu," Taehyun said with a warm smile, one which undoubtedly made Beomgyu's heart fluttered abnormally. Just as Beomgyu was about to reply to the latter's confession, another hiccup slipped out of his mouth.

He liked Taehyun a lot, but Beomgyu just couldn't find a way to return the latter's feelings without screwing his speech up with another hiccup.

"It's getting late," said Taehyun as he got up. They headed towards their houses, the sound of their feet dragging across the pavement accompanied by the awkward silence filled the air as neither of them knew what to say next.

"I―" they both said at the same time.

"You go first," said Beomgyu.

"No―you can go first," Taehyun insisted.

"So, uhm, what's going to happen to us? Our friendship I mean," he added quickly, reading Taehyun's perplexed expression.

"Oh," Taehyun replied. "I've been thinking about that for a while... I don't want to lose our friendship in the process of us, you know, dating." Beomgyu's face turned slightly red from the sound of that particular word. "I just can't seem to shake off my feelings for you, but I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable," Taehyun admitted, heaving a heavy sigh as he took a step back.

"Go ahead, turn down my feelings―I'm ready," he said bracingly, a hint of dejection in his voice as he stared into Beomgyu's eyes.

"I- I like you too," Beomgyu confessed, looking down at his feet.

"You do?" Said Taehyun as his eyes lit up. Beomgyu nodded in response, fiddling with the zipper of his jacket.

"We can start slow if you like," he continued.

"Sure," Beomgyu replied as a smile crept across his face. Taehyun beamed at him.

"Well- then I'll see you tomorrow," Taehyun waved goodbye to Beomgyu as he ran upstairs to his room and plummeted his face into the pillow, feeling as if this day felt too good to be true.