40

It was officially Beomgyu's last full day with the Kangs before returning home tomorrow in the morning. Taehyun even asked if he wanted to skip school today so that they would be able to spend their last day going out together, but Beomgyu told him that, even so, they shouldn't play truant.

"But we won't be able to hang out anymore," pouted Taehyun. Beomgyu couldn't do anything but put on a pained smile– not being able to go on dates with Taehyun freely anymore made his heart feel heavy. School ended as the two walked back home, not knowing what to say to each other on the journey back.

"Okay, so here's the plan," Taehyun said abruptly. "Let's quickly wash up once we get home, and then we're going out for dinner."

"Sure," he replied as they stepped into the house.

While Taehyun was in the shower, Beomgyu plopped himself onto his bed as he stared blankly at the ceiling, not knowing what to do since they didn't exactly have any pending homework. Just then, a knock on the door was heard.

"Hi, Mrs Kang," Beomgyu greeted the elder.

"Hello, by the way, there's someone at the door who wishes to speak to you," she said.

"Oh, alright," he shrugged, getting off the bed as he headed down the stairs.

As Beomgyu was walking, he couldn't help but wonder who on earth would want to meet him.

No way would it be his father—he's in Japan, plus, how would his father even know that he's staying at Taehyun's in the first place? Meaning, that there isn't any possible way for his father to be there waiting at the door for him.

Or so he thought.

His heart dropped in fear as soon as he saw the figure of his father standing at the door. Like a deer caught in headlights, Beomgyu froze in his spot. Not knowing what to say– just how did that man find him?

Before Mrs Kang even got the chance to greet Mr Choi, the latter dragged Beomgyu by the arm, bringing him towards their house before closing the door behind him.

[ T/W: Abuse ]

It was silent. Dead silent. And that was when Beomgyu knew the dreading fate that was being laid in front of him.

Without even looking at his father in the eye, Beomgyu could feel his piercing gaze rest on his face as he mentally braced himself for the worst that was about to come.

"Why were you at the Kangs?" His father asked, red blush forming on his face. An evident attempt at trying to contain his anger.

"I just got back from school and decided to visit them–"

"YOU LIAR!" The man shouted in his face as Beomgyu could hear the distinct ringing in his ears from the volume of his father's voice.

"I'm going to give you one last chance," his father aaid again, his tone brimming with anger. "Why were you at the Kangs?"

"I stayed there during the week because I'm friends with Taehyun–"

His sentence got cut off by the sudden impact from the slap which landed on the left side of his cheek. The aftereffect of one of his father's hits felt worse than getting hit at the moment itself as his cheek now felt as if it was being pricked by the stingers of a dozen bees.

But that didn't scare him, no. A horrible feeling of trepidation rose in his blood for what's about to come.

"Don't you DARE lie to me. I know for a fact that you're dating the son of Mr and Mrs Kang," his father breathed heavily.

That was when Beomgyu knew he was going to get more than just a beating tonight. He sat there, transfixed in place. Just how much has his father found out?

"Not only did you cause a nuisance to the Kangs, but you DARE DATE THEIR SON? JUST WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" His father spat madly. Beomgyu has never seen his father this angry before, so much to the point that he could practically see the veins in his father's neck protruding out, his eyes blood-shot.

"I want you to break up with him. NOW. I won't tolerate having a son who's in love with a boy," the man continued. Rather than fear, fury and rage were now bubbling in Beomgyu's stomach, his blood boiling with resentment.

"What do you see in that brat anyway? He's nothing but an uncivilised bru—"

"TAEHYUN IS NOTHING LIKE THAT!" Retorted Beomgyu on accident before clapping a hand to his mouth as he wished to take back what he had just said after making eye contact with his father's eyes.

Before he even got the chance to apologise, he felt a strong blow hitting the centre of his abdomen as he coiled up on the floor in pain, gripping his stomach tightly. Within a split second, he felt another kick being delivered on his back, making Beomgyu unable to suppress the urge to scream as he let out a cry. 

It was far too painful to get up; he was far too weak to stand up. As if it was hearing a call from heaven, the sound of his father's footsteps echoed through the room, and that was when Beomgyu knew that his torment is over...

For now.

His head throbbed in pain as Beomgyu felt his mind being swept up in a hurricane, his vision slowly turning black before collapsing on the cold, marble floor, unconscious.

»»—— ——««

Droplets of water fell from the ends of Taehyun's hair as he stepped out of the bathroom. He looked to his bed to see Beomgyu no longer there. Running down the stairs, he went towards the living room where his mother was sitting on the couch, scrolling through her phone.

"Mom, where's Beomgyu?" Asked Taehyun.

"Oh, while you were in the shower, Beomgyu's father came by to pick him up—WAIT WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" She shouted. But it was too late as Taehyun dashed towards the entrance of his house.

Hastily putting on his shoes, he ran up towards Beomgyu's house as he banged the door.

"BEOMGYU!" He shouted. "CAN YOU HEAR ME?" Taehyun continued, emotions choking his throat as thick tears trickled down his cheeks. There was no response.

Not wanting to go or leave anywhere, Taehyun slouched down the door as he buried his face in his hands.

This was all his fault.

His fault for asking Beomgyu to come over to his house.

It was all for his own greed– if only he hadn't been so desperate to be with Beomgyu... maybe –just maybe– this wouldn't have happened.

Maybe Beomgyu wouldn't have to suffer like this.

[ A/N: switching up my posting schedule a little to posting chapters at 9pm KST from now on but even then I posted this late JADJJSSH pls excuse me 🚶🏻‍♂️ ]