34

The rays of the morning sun illuminated Taehyun's room with a hint of gold as he got up steadily. Taehyun looked to his right only to see the other side of the bed empty. He'd somewhat guess that Beomgyu would be the early bird type, but it was barely 9 in the morning and it was way too early for someone to wake up at this time on a good Sunday morning.

Guessing that the latter would be downstairs, Taehyun skipped down the stairs to be greeted by a savoury aroma that came from the kitchen. Following the scent of smell, he walked into the kitchen to see both his mother and Beomgyu cooking breakfast.

"Good morning," Beomgyu greeted, who was busy flipping pancakes. Taehyun, who has yet to feel fully awake, yawned a "morning," back.

"Taehyun! You're finally awake, about time too. You should follow Beomgyu's example of waking up at 8 every day from now on. I was so shocked to see Beomgyu already in the kitchen cooking breakfast for us at 8:30 am!" Said Mrs Kang, who was frying sunny-side ups on the other stove.

"It's the least I can do while staying here," added Beomgyu, beaming back at Mrs Kang. His smile was like a breath of fresh air as Taehyun suddenly felt much more energised than he did a minute ago.

"Oh, but since you're Taehyun's boyfriend, you really don't have to do this. Though I must say, your cooking skills are immaculate!" Mrs Kang complimented enthusiastically, giving her cooking protege a light tap on the back.

"They're really nothing special," he admitted bashfully.

"Oh come on, don't be so modest, Taehyun if you look at his pancakes, you might mistake them for being served at a 5-star Michelin restaurant!" She boasted, gesturing for her son to come towards the kitchen counter.

A blooming sensation of pride flowed through Taehyun, who was feeling proud of his boyfriend being showered with compliments by his own mother. He walked towards Beomgyu, where a stack of golden-brown pancakes sat on top of the counter to his right.

"They look delicious," smiled Taehyun.

"We're nearly done with everything and all that's left is to plate everything nicely. Taehyun, could you call your father downstairs for breakfast?" Asked Mrs Kang. He replied with a "sure" before running upstairs to tell his father that the food was ready.

A few minutes later, they took their seats by the eating table. Platters of scrambled eggs, french toasts, fruits, and of course, Beomgyu's pancakes, were laid out neatly across the table as Mr Kang looked at the feast they had prepared today.

"Wow! What's the occasion?" He asked, shortly after everyone began helping themselves to the food.

"Beomgyu helped to prepare breakfast today," said Mrs Kang proudly as she gave Beomgyu a grateful smile. Liveliness and conversations filled the room as they ate, making it the feeling Beomgyu wished he could wake up to every morning from now on.

»»—— ——««

It felt as if the day couldn't get any better as Beomgyu skipped back up to Taehyun's room to get ready for their first official date.

He raided his suitcase for something that would look somewhat special –just to make the day a little more memorable―but it seemed like he didn't have any luck as nothing but hoodies and jeans filled his bag.

Purely by a miracle, he found a single white shirt sitting at the very bottom of the suitcase and decided to play with his styling a little. After a few minutes or so, he walked out of the bathroom, wearing a black sweater thrown over the white shirt which had a collar and decided to pair the fit with black jeans and a simple chain necklace.