💜ShinBaku💥

Little Katsuki insists he's a cat so Shinsou will call him Kitty more. Requested ❤

Shinsou was always careful around Katsuki. The volatile male, while in littlespace, had very bratty tantrums when things weren't going his way.

And rightfully so, it was Katsuki's headspace, he should dictate how he wants to be treated and pampered. The only problem was, Shinsou had no idea what Katsuki wanted, he never asked or specified. He just screamed and cried until Shinsou shoved something in the boy's hands, satisfying the little ball of anger. It was trial and error at best. Sometimes Shinsou couldn't find anything that Katsuki wanted and just let him tire himself out enough to be put down for a nap, or until his headspace lifts.

The blond boy had gotten better lately, but it was still a pain for Shinsou to guess what he wanted.

Katsuki was face down in his bed, half screaming half sobbing into his pillow. A very dramatic display for Shinsou who was a foot away from the bed, to watch. It would have been alarming if it hadn't become a part of their daily routine.

"Katsuki..." Shinsou said defeated, "I can't take much more of this. You gotta tell me what you want."

It made Katsuki's screams turn more into cries, hands fisting his blankie that Shinsou found he surprisingly hadn't blown up yet.

His caregiver continued, "you've been acting strangely all week, knocking things over, disrespecting personal space. Trying to use our cat's litter box." Shinsou didn't think he'd ever have to say something like that in his lifetime. "I can't figure it out, baby. I've tried, I really have! But enough is enough, I need you to use your words and tell me what you want."

Katsuki wasn't ignoring him at least, his cries ceased after hearing Shinsou's final demand. Yet his face was still squashed into his pillow. Shinsou would have to coax him out of hiding.

"Baby boy, come on, let me see your face." He sat down beside him and gently brought the little up into a sitting position, his hands still hugging the pillow and hiding his face, only his ratty tuffs of blond hair stuck out every which way. "Kiddo, seriously. I won't be able to hear you through the pillow."

So Katsuki let Shinsou drag the pillow down, welcoming the damage done to Katsuki's face. His skin was red and blotchy from crying, and his eyes were puffy. His tear-stained cheeks had smeared the black whiskers Katsuki made Shinsou draw on his face earlier that day. The rest of the thankfully washable face paint was imprinted on his pillowcase.

While Katsuki glared at Shinsou, his caregiver couldn't help but coo, "my little kitty, aren't you?"

Like a light switch, Katsuki's mood flipped. He suddenly brightened, letting out an obvious purr as he bumped his head against Shinsou's chest.

... Needless to say, the purple-haired male was dumbfounded. "Wa-was this what you wanted the whole time? To be called Kitty?"

He received another purr, followed by a nod.

Everything made sense now. Shinsou reflected, remembering that it was only a week ago when Katsuki started behaving this way, right after Shinsou had accidentally called him Kitty while not in headspace. When Katsuki blew up at him while big, he assumed he didn't like to be called it at all and respectfully stopped. "That explains the sudden interest in cats I guess..." Shinsou sighed, ruffling the little's hair, almost petting it. Gaining more soft head butts in return.

"You were dropping me hints, weren't you? Just like a cat would. You pawed at me when you wanted to play, sat on me whenever you wanted, regardless if I were busy or not. You even asked me to buy you cat ears."

Katsuki drew back and gave him a look that read -took-you-long-enough-to-catch-on-, climbing into his lap as he did so.

"I get it. I'm a little dense," Shinsou admitted, "but did you really have to try and use the litter box to make your point?"

Katsuki whined, embarrassed. Clearly, it wasn't one of his good moments.

"Okay okay, I'll stop. Are we good now, Kitty? You wanna be called that from now on, at least in littlespace?"

Katsuki nodded, sinking into Shinsou's hug, yawning.

"Tired yourself out huh?" Shinsou rubbed Katsuki's back in small circles. "Let's have a nap okay? I think we both need it.

Katsuki nodded. "Paci first though..." He whispered.

"Of course." Shinsou reached across behind him for the purple pacifier discarded on the bedside table, as well as snatching a few tissues. He used them to wipe Katsuki's teary face off as best he could, wanting to laugh at the messy streaks that once used to be whiskers.

Katsuki noticed. "Toshiiii! Paci!!"

"Right, right, here you go." Shinsou handed it over and Katsuki quickly popped it into his mouth.

"Ready now, Kitty?" Shinsou laid down on the bed, urging his little to do the same.

"Yea..." Katsuki let himself fall back into bed with Shinsou, curling up as close as he could and dutifully closing his eyes.

At that moment Shinsou noticed their cat hop up onto the bed, investigating the sudden quietness of the room. It made Shinsou think of something funny.

"Hopefully you won't be a grumpy kitty when you wake up." Shinsou joked.

He received a hiss from the blond in reply.

______________________________________________________

892 words. Reallyyyy short but I thought this would be a funny scenario. It wasn't exactly how you wanted it, but I hope this works for you requester!!