😃MonoShin💜

When Hitoshi joins class 1-B. Monoma takes him under his wing immediately, and little Hitoshi loves the attention. Requested ❤ 

For some reason, instead of joining class 1-A as promised, he found himself waiting behind the door of 1-B. The UA staff deciding the change of plans last minute.

Hitoshi tried to play in cool, his expression stoic and his shoulders relaxed, but his clammy hand fisting the fidget cube in his pocket told a different story. Thankfully no one could see it anyway.

He arrived late, hence his anxiety. He found himself slipping a little bit before getting to school and had to calm himself down. Unfortunately, that would probably leave a bad impression but whatever.

He hesitantly knocked. His knuckles softly hitting the huge door. He knocked three times, only for the third knock to hit the air as the door swung open.

Blond hair and blue eyes greeted him, followed by a wide prideful grin. "The brainwasher is in our class! Heck yeah, we got the best player! Now, 1-A will never win!"

Before Hitoshi could respond he was forcefully yanked into the room by the front of his shirt.

Hitoshi didn't fight the classmate who had hooked their claws into him, instead of going with the flow, the fresh praise of what the blond said still rattling in his ears. The best?

He was pulled to a desk and pushed down into the chair. Hitoshi noticed the desk was directly side-by-side with another, and they were the farthest to the door. Also realizing how awkward the placement of the extra desk was since it was the only one up against another in the middle row.

A student must have noticed his confusion. A girl with carrot red hair came up to them and said. "Monoma insisted on having you sit beside him, so we made some room, looks awkward I admit but this guy wouldn't have it any other way." She smiled as she gestured to the blond, who was now sitting in the seat beside him.

Monoma grinned, "Of course, Kendo. I'd never let a new member of our class sit alone. Plus I like this guy, He's pretty cool right?" Monoma threw an arm over the purple-haired male's shoulders, as if they were friends since kindergarten, shaking them in a friendly way.

Hitoshi flushed as Kendo agreed. "Indeed he is. Welcome, Shinsou to class 1-B. I was meant to greet you first as class representative but obviously, things didn't turn out the way."

"I called dibs on him first! I have him all to myself for today." Monoma declared in response, glancing back at Hitoshi. "I'll help you out. I know we're gonna be great buddies."

Hitoshi answered in his usual nonchalant way by the shrug of his shoulders, but he couldn't help but feel a small part in his heart agree with Monoma.

...

The past few weeks left Hitoshi's heart soaring. The newfound attention Monoma is giving him making him feel happier than he has been in years.

He tries really hard not to let that show, his cold exterior is what most know him for, but it was so hard not to slip to his little side and confide with Monoma. Kendo had a small conversation with him the other day about how different Monoma treats him.

"He's usually calm and collected in class, and rarely participates in loud disruptive behaviour-- well except when he's around class 1-A-- But with you, he's the brightest I've ever seen him. He loves to talk to you and is constantly checking up and trying to take care of you in the best ways he can." Kendo smiled. "It's actually really nice."

It only made his feelings so much more conflicting. Hitoshi is a firm believer that Monoma simply has a deep idolization for his brainwashing quirk, nothing more. But in instances where Hitoshi gets hurt in practice or receives petty remarks about the 'favouritism' the teachers have for him, Monoma jumps in for the rescue. Asking him if he's okay and taking care of any injuries, as well as defending him, listing all the goods things about him that made him deserving a spot in the hero course.