💚MidoRoki❄🔥

Midoriya takes Shouto on his first bus ride.

Shouto lived a fairly sheltered life per se. His father being the number 2 hero meant constant paparazzi. Public transportation wasn't really an option for his family.

But now Shouto could do whatever he wanted. He was independent within the dorms, and Midoriya wanted to go out for some food (with permission from the school) so he took Shouto with him.

"Have you ever rode the bus before?"

Shouto shook his head.

Midoriya smiled. "There's a first time for everything. I'll show you the works."

Still, Shouto was anxious. Just before they left, he grabbed a hat and a mask to wear outside. Only to have Midoriya tell him he didn't have to, they would go in their uniforms so no paparazzi could use any photos without the schools' permission. Which Aizawa had already said he wouldn't authorize.

Shouto slowly listened to his caregiver, putting them away and taking Midoriya's waiting hand. They walked to the bus stop and waited on the bench.

Midoriya noticed Shouto's leg bouncing and softly grasping it, patting it comfortingly. "It's gonna be okay Shouto, riding the bus can be fun!"

Still, Shouto hid his face in Midoriya's neck. "If you say so..."

When the bus was in sight, Midoriya handed Shouto four dollars in change. "Hold onto that for a second."

Shouto clutched it in his sweaty hand as asked. He dutifully stood when Midoriya did and waited for the bus to stop in front of him.

It was wobbly at first, Shouto had to hold onto the bar to keep steady and the bus hadn't even moved yet. Midoriya made them stop in front of the bus driver. Shouto faintly heard "day pass" but was too anxious to hear anything else.

Luckily Midoriya was there to help him snap out of it. "Shouto? Can you put the change in the slot for me?"

Shouto nodded and did what he was told, carefully letting the change in his hand drop into the little slot in the box.

He was handed a piece of paper and the bus driver smiled. Shouto flushed and looked away shyly as Midoriya led him to an empty seat.

His caregiver gave him the window seat. Thankfully the bus wasn't overly full so they could sit together. He would have probably thrown a fit if he couldn't.

He sat down timidly, going to weakly clasp around the shorter boy's coat sleeve in comfort. The bus was big and cold and he felt paranoid about staring despite not meeting anyone's eyes.

"It's gonna be okay Shouto, here put the day pass in your pocket so you don't lose it." Midoriya demonstrated, holding up his own day pass ticket and putting it in the inside pocket of his coat.

Shouto numbly did the same, struggling to with one hand, his other refusing to let go of Midoriya's coat.

"There we go, good boy." Midoriya patted his arm softly. Grabbing his hand from his coat and entwining their fingers.

The buzzing of a computer automated voice made Shouto jump. "Bus 7 heading to xxxx street."

And then Shouto was floating. Like he was being slowly whisked away into the clouds.

Riding the bus felt different than riding in any other car. He didn't know if it was because of the wider less claustrophobic feel, or the lack of seatbelts, but the ride felt nice, calming even.

He got lost in the scenery, finding non-tinted windows better for gazing out and seeing the beautiful colors flying past his vision. He watched and felt relaxed as the bus took them into town.

The bus made a couple of stops, making Shouto jerk in his seat from not paying attention. Midoriya chuckling beside him. Shouto didn't mind, it was soothing to hear.

Shouto didn't want the floating feeling to end on the bus, but soon their stop appeared. Midoriya gently pulled him up from his seat just as the bus slowed to a stop.

As they were getting off, Midoriya said. "Thank the driver, Shouto."

Shouto turned and waved, letting out a little, "Tank 'ou." The driver obviously wouldn't have heard him but it didn't matter. Midoriya smiled in approval.

They went out to lunch, sitting outside to enjoy the view. And as Midoriya promised, no one bothered them, and no pictures were openly taken. His food was cut up for him to his delight and he even got to drink soda too.

Afterwards, Midoriya took him to the movies, Shouto was thrilled to get on the bus again. More people were on the bus now, but they were able to find seats a ways away from them. Besides Shouto was unbothered as he let himself get lost in the floating feeling again.

They arrived just in time to watch Scoob. Shouto couldn't take his eyes off the screen as Midoriya fed him popcorn every now and then.

When the movie was over, Midoriya had to physically pry him from his seat since the little really wanted to watch it again.

After a bit, they finally were out on the sidewalk. "See? Isn't it nice to get out of the stuffy theatre after all that?" Midoriya tried to reason with the now slightly grumpy little.

Shouto only pouted.

Midoriya gave up at that point, pretty convenient since the green-haired boy received a text from one of their teachers. "Do you want to head back now? Aizawa says that he sent Present Mic on the shopping trip and can pick us up."

"No bus ride?" Shouto actually sounded a little glum about it. It made Midoriya smile.

"Not unless you want to."

"I wanna." Shouto shyly responded.

Midoriya nodded and quickly sent a text before putting his phone back in his pocket and holding his hand out. "Alright, we'll catch the next bus. Hold my hand, sweetie."

Shouto shyly put his hand in Midoriya's and off they went.

____________________________________________________

992 words. Pretty short. My writers block is really affecting my writing so sorry about that.

This was in honor of me taking the bus for the first time the other day. Really scary but also really fun lol.