Copying is the best form of flattery -part one- (6)

Someone once told me "To imitate someone is to pay the person a genuine compliment- even when unintended". I cant remember who this person was, but they must have been important to me or I would have forgotten this long ago. It has been a week since President Fukuzawa  offered me a job at the ADA. I am still staying with Osamu in his apartment. Today Dazai woke me up bright and early to let me know the president wished to see me today. 

      At 6:30 in the morning Osamu and I set off for my old home to retrieve my clothes and other important items. Osamu thinks i'm tired of borrowing his clothes everyday. In all honesty I'm not it makes me feel special being able to wear his dress shirts even if they are too big for me. I definitely was not about to tell him that though. Plus it will be nice to be able to dress more appealing. I know its only been a little while but whatever I'm feeling for Dazai its getting stronger even though I try to suppress it. We have shared a few kisses and share a futon each night but that doesn't mean anything right? I mean without words how can I tell if he feels something for me. 

    It is now 7:00 and we are about to make the turn onto my former street. Of course. I knew something like this would happen. Fire. The damn Port Mafia got here before us. Osamu immediately grabbed me and pulled me into a tight embrace. Bending down slightly to lessen our height difference  he gently and protectively held my smaller figure against his own taller one. He gently kisses the top of my head and I feel his lips pull into a frown. "I'm so sorry (Y/N)... I could have prevented this, its my faul-". "No. It's not please do not blame yourself when those monsters are at fault." I cut him off putting my index and middle fingers over his lips lightly to stop him from bringing himself down. He placed two sweet kisses against my two fingers as he slowly grabbed my hand in his. "You don't deserve this, bad things shouldn't happen to good people like you and the past week and a half have been hell to you." Though I am upset over the recent events happening in my life I could also not be anymore thankful.

    Thankful to Osamu and the agency, Because of them I am feeling happy for the first time since I was a little girl.  I give Dazai a tight squeeze tilting his head up slightly to look me in the eyes. With tears still streaming down my face is lightly pecked his nose. Trying to lighten the mood I force a small laugh "You have such a cute nose you know Osamu." He wiped the tears from my cheeks and kissed my nose in return. "Everything about you is cute (Y/N)". I smiled at his sweet comment. Suddenly we hear the sound of sirens. Police cars and a Fire engine show up at my former home. One of the police notice us and he heads over in our direction, "Ma'am is everything alright over here?" he questioned looking at Dazai. "Yes sir its just that was my home." He nodded sympathetically. "And you know this young man hes not bothering you is he?" I got to answer "Yes He's-" Dazai buts in " I'm her Boyfriend sir." My eyes widen but I have to keep my composure or the cop will suspect Dazai is up to something bad. "Yes he's my b-boyfriend" I cant help but smile saying these words even if its just a cover up thinking about Osamu being my boyfriend makes me so happy I almost forget about the current situation. 

     Dazai noticed my smile and hugged me tighter kissing my forehead gently. The cop pulled him aside to discus  the situation since I was not in the right head space to answer questions. A woman who appeared to be working with the Fire department came over to me offering me water and a comfortable spot to sit, she also gave me a blanket hoping it would make me feel safer. I thanked her and after a while Dazai made his way over to me. "Are you ok sweetheart?" I blushed at his words. "Yeah just its all just a lot right now." He gave me a sympathetic look as he picked up the blanket and pulled me to sit on his lap wrapping both of us up tightly in the blanket.

    "I'm sorry for just saying that earlier, the truth is (Y/N) I haven't had the guts to actually ask you  but..." I cant help but giggle at him he has such a flustered expression on his face, his beautiful brown eyes frantically  searching for his next words. I have to. I cant help myself. I lean in quickly and press my lips against his. At first the kiss was soft and sweet but it slowly turned needy and passionate. We were lost in each other forgetting our surroundings and the world around us. Remembering that we were in fact not alone and we were in public I pulled away. Dazai let out a quiet needy whine at the loss of contact between our lips. 

I smiled and quickly pecked his pouty lips. Putting my forehead against his and closing my eyes I whispered to him "I feel the same way Osamu." He immediately perked up after I said this. "This causes for a celebration I'm taking you out on a date later!" his face once again dropped remembering the fire. I ran my fingers through his soft curly brown hair "That actually sounds really good 'Samu I think a date with you would be amazing." again his face lit up he looks like a giddy little kid. I laugh at him again I cant help it this man just makes me smile. 

After we dealt with the fire situation we head back to his apartment. It is now 11:30 and after all of that we are both wiped out and hungry. Dazai and I made some tea, with the only thing left in the fridge being regular bread we just made some toast. After eating we sat down on his couch. he pulled me close to him pressing his face into the crook of my neck and keeping two protective arms around my waist. "I have already called the president the meeting has been changed to 2 days from now" I sighed in relief there is no way I would be able to handle a meeting today. "Thank you 'Samu" I said sleepily. He chuckled sending a shiver down my spine reminding of how close we are. " 'Samu? I like it" he yawned and we both drifted off to sleep.