Our Love

I get up and stretch, today will be Atsushi's entrance exam I have to get to work extra early to play the role of a helpless hostage. God I'm going to feel so pathetic, Dazai gets to help Atsushi while I'm going to be tied up and have to act weak. I frown at the idea.

   I notice that Dazai is already gone and most likely began his walk to meet Atsushi. I do my morning routine and head out the door. Playing the poor pathetic victim has never been my strong point even in the Port Mafia. Mori had actually made it a point not to ask for me to play the innocent role, the one time he did we almost failed our mission because I broke a guy's wrist when he tried to feel me up.

  I snicker at the memory and realize I've made it to the ADA building. I walk in saying a quick hello to our wonderful 'cast' for our fake attack. I make my way over to Junichiro giving him a quick smile. "I can't believe you're the one playing our bad guy here." I break out in a laughing fit hes to sweet and honest to play this role. "Hey I can be bad." He retorts though it sounds more like a question then a confident statement.

  I tie myself up and Junichiro helps me. Naomi, Haruno and I will be tied up while our little angel Junichiro here acts like he's going to kill us if he does not get to speak to our president. To add a little more spice to our exams plot President Fukuzawa will 'not' be at the office, leaving our crazed attacker angry and disappointed. Atsushi will have to find a way to defuse the situation.

  I've just finished getting ready and I sit on the floor. We hear Atsushi, Dazai and Kunikida enter the building. We all get into position. During the exan Kunikida is supposed to act like he got caught while Dazai tells Atsushi to act like a complete idiot to distract our 'bad guy'.

   I'm not sure about defusing the situation but Atsushi sure is pulling off being a complete fool. I almost laugh at how confused and nervous he is but no I have to keep it in. Finally we near the end and Junichiro presses the button to our 'bomb', Atsushi quickly reacts and jumps on it. Heh he did the same as I did, I can't help but feel sad that he's willing to throw his life away so easily though. Luckily this is just a fake scenario and I can try to explain the values of life to the sweet boy after our exam is over.

  After he realized this was an exam he got off the bomb. "Atsushi are you an idiot." Dazai and I deadpanned at the same time. He blushed seemingly embarrassed of his reaction "I- um...no?" Wow that's really reassuring I'm glad he's so confident in his intelligence. I chuckle and ruffle his hair. "Come with me" I say turning around he follows me without question.

   "Hey you may have not been told this in your past but your life has meaning. He'll I've only known you for a day and I already care a great deal about you. Now I may only be 3 years older than you but trust me when I say I have experienced more death than most people will in a life time." He listens to me his face showing he's ashamed. I drop my smile and raise my voice tightly gripping his cheek and pinching. "I already have a suicidal boyfriend please don't make this harder for me!"

   His face contorts to one of pain "OW OW OW IM SORRY OW PLEASE LET GO MISS (Y/N)" I realize how tight my grip is and let go an apologetic look appears on my face "heh sorry about that sometimes I forget my own strength." I rub the back of my neck. "Miss (Y/N)" "Hey I told you Atsushi just call me (Y/N)" he looks at the floor. "Ah yeah sorry, (Y/N), I don't think I can do this job." He trailed off. I pouted slightly "Hey I'm sure you can" I gave him a reassuring smile and squeezed his hands in my own.

"I'm not sure... but thank you" I pat his head and we walk back to the group. "Hey Atsushi" Dazai pats his head with his left hand while he pulls me in to kiss my head with his right. I side hugged his waist and president Fukuzawa came in the room. "Nakajima Atsushi, you have passed the entrance exam welcome to the Armed Detective Agency." Atsushi seems to panic "WAIT- I'm not cut out for this type of job!" I face palm with my free hand. Osamu spoke up "Hey Atsushi if you don't accept the job we can kick you out of the apartment we gave you." He gave a teasing smile and I elbowed him in the side lightly.

  Atsushi eventually gave in and agreed to work with us. After a long day at the agency it was time for me and Dazai to check out. I said my goodbyes to everyone giving Atsushi a tight hug and congratulations. Dazai wraps a arm around my waist and we begin our walk to our favorite takeout place.

  On our way I heard a faint cry Dazai seemed to notice it too because he turned to look in the direction of the noise. The cries were coming from a small box Dazai stepped toward the box and his face immediately lit up. I move beside him and instantly understand why. In the box there were two small kittens, not to young to eat solid food but definitely too young to be out on the streets of Yokohama all alone.

  I examine the box and notice it says free. Poor little babies. I gi to open my mouth and ask what to do but Dazai seems to have already made a decision. Without a word he picks up the two kittens and hands them to me. "So are we keeping them?" He nods taking off his coat. "Okay I'll take them and got to the pet shop while you get us dinner?" I suggest and he smiles bending down to kiss my gently on the lips. He takes the kittens back and wraps them gently in the coat so they are more secure and warm.

  I smile at the scene in front of me. "Let's meet back here when we are done, okay my love?" I nod my head and take the little kittens from him and turn in the direction of the pet shop. Osamu walks into the restaurant to get our food. This is a fun new opportunity for us. I smile and continue on my mission to get these little things the necessary items.

A/n:
Hello hello hello guys :D kinda just a random chapter but I wanted to do something cute haha. I am going to start a oneshot book. It will be a Dazai x Reader but it will have nothing to do with this main story. Again this is my main story so I will update this far more frequently than the one shots. Have a amazing rest of your day (or night) and make sure to take care of yourself. I love you guys so much thank you for reading!

P.s please leave some feedback on this story. I know my writing is pretty bad but I am trying hard and trying to figure everything out along the way. This is my first ever fanfic and I really hope you are all enjoying it!! Bye now! <3