XIII

"And he hasn't replied yet?" Kai asked.

"No," Soobin whined, his head buried in his arms on his desk.

It was the next day at school and after receiving the snap from Beomgyu, Soobin had left a "Get well soon" message for Yeonjun, which had since been left unopened.

"He's gone back home. He'll text you back soon, Bin."

"How do you know?" Soobin lifted his head and pouted at the Taehyun who was nonchalantly getting his notes out.

"Why're you studying, Tae? Come here and gossip with us," Kai said to Taehyun.

"We have a test third period."

"We do?" Kai then turned to Soobin, "Did you know?"

"I didn't. I don't care. I've been left on unopened. I'm facing my midlife crisis, I don't care about the test." Soobin sat miserably on his chair, his head on the desk, arms sprawled out.

"Well, Tae's studied so he'll help us so I don't really care either," Kai cheerfully said.

"Soobin, you know you'll cry if you get anything less than a perfect score. Come here and study," Taehyun sighed.

"No! I'm in pain."

"Man I kind of feel bad for him. Tae, can't you text Beomgyu and tell him to tell Yeonjun to text him?" Kai asked as he played around with a pencil on the table.

"Uhm..." Taehyun sighed. "You know what? Alright." Taehyun whipped out his phone, quickly typing a text before closing it. "You'll get a text back soon so just pay attention here and we can go over everything together."

Soobin lifted his head, "Now it's more embarrassing."

"What?" Taehyun looked up.

"He'll know I was waiting for his reply."

"I swear Bin, ever since you've started talking to this guy you've gone boy-crazy," Taehyun looked at his friend with pursed lips.

"Honestly though. Just chill, Soob. You don't need to throw away your grades for Mr. hot dancer."

"You can't talk, Kai! You made the two of us stay at yours for a whole week after getting heartbroken by that one guy one time!"

"Those were the holidays," Kai defended. "And it was Kai's special getting-over-a-guy camp!"

"You guys weren't even dating!"

"And you and Choi Yeonjun are?"

"Guys." Taehyun looked at the pair with a tight smile and threatening eyes. "If I hear Soobin cry about his grades or you asking me for answers during the test, both of you guys are getting beaten up."

"By whom?" Soobin asked, feigning cluelessness.

"Me."

"You?" Kai let out a fake screeched laughter.

Taehyun sighed. "Yes, me."

Right then, Soobin's phone rang out a notification for a Snapchat message.

Junniii.99
Thanks
I'm all good now lol
"Please study for your biology test"
-Your friend Taehyun.

Soob.in
Good to know you're okay
Alright, I'll study

Junniii.99:

Soob

Soob.in
Best of luck!

Junniii.99
Thanks!

"Right so what chapters do we get asked from today?" Soobin asked as he closed his phone and shoved it in his pocket, a smile on his face.