III

"Choi who?" Kai asked, now sitting back on his seat as the teacher entered the room.

"Okay, guys. Settle down, I'm starting the class," the teacher said.

As class went on, Kai kept pestering Taehyun about this Choi Yeonjun dude. Taehyun kept telling his friend to shut up and that he'd tell him later, Kai defended saying that there was no way he would be able to concentrate in class without knowing whatever Taehyun knew. Soobin, on the other hand, was daydreaming, wondering what kind of person this Choi Yeonjun was and if this dude was interested in him.

The boys didn't get a chance to return to the conversation until lunch break.

Kai rushed the older to the cafeteria and as soon as they reached their lunch table, asked, "Tell us now Kang Taehyun, who's Choi Yeonjun?"

"The it-boy of Star Academy."

"Wait, what?" Kai and Soobin spluttered.

"Yeah. Remember why I was absent yesterday?"

"You had to attend your brother's showcase or something," Soobin answered.

"Yeah, well we watched the whole show."

"So..?" Kai lazily asked.

"We watched Choi Yeonjun, the guy on Soobin's phone, on stage too."

"Is he good?" Kai asked interestedly.

Soobin too, looked at Taehyun curiously, waiting for the answer.

"Oh he's more than just good. It was a group dance and they were all wearing plain white clothes. But the way the dude danced, it looked as if Choi Yeonjun was the main act and everyone else was just a backup dancer."

"That good?!" Kai and Soobin asked in unison.

"Yes."

There was a short silence as Soobin and Kai retained the information.

Suddenly, Kai put a hand on Soobin's shoulder, "I'm sorry for getting your hopes high, bro."

"What?" Soobin asked, confused.

"You're getting catfished, that's what," Taehyun simply said, not looking up from his lunch.

"No I'm not," Soobin defended, though unsure.

"There's no way you aren't," Kai commented.

"Choi Yeonjun has a cult following, there's no way he'd just text random guys on snap and chat them up. Pretty sure he can get whoever he wants much more easily," Taehyun added.

"Is he seriously that good?" Soobin asked.

"Yeah. Wait, I'll get you a YouTube video," Taehyun took out his phone and typed Yeonjun's name on the YouTube search bar, instantly getting multiple related videos.

"Star Academy's shining star, Choi Yeonjun," Kai read out the title as the video slowly started.

Kai and Soobin watched the video quietly, recognizing the outfit from Yeonjun's snap from the day before and the blue hair from the snap from that morning.

"Woah..." Kai commented.

"Woah indeed. So tall guy, who's cat fishing you?"

"Like I'd know," Soobin rolled his eyes, not wanting to believe that he was getting catfished.

"Don't you think it's a bit weird that the catfish had Yeonjun's pictures though?" Kai asked.

"Why? He probably posts them on Instagram and all," Taehyun answered.

"Ohh, let's stalk his Instagram," Kai cheered.

"What the hell? Are we really going to do that?" Soobin questioned.

"Yes!" Taehyun and Kai answered.