XIX

"Does he know Kai?" Soobin asked Yeonjun, referring to the Dongchan who had just left.

"I think they had a bit of... uhm... history?"

Soobin raised a brow, "What does that mean?"

"I don't really know." Yeonjun let out a sigh, "They used to talk and all but then they suddenly stopped."

Soobin furrowed his eyebrows, Dongchan had seemed like a nice guy but he had never heard of him from his friend. "What happened between them?"

"I don't know the details but someone texted something to Kai from Dongchan's phone and since then, Kai blocked Dongchan I think." Yeonjun looked down at their locked hands. "They could've been like us."

"Like us?"

"On a date like us today. Dongchan really liked him, your friend."

Soobin nodded, deciding to ask Kai about it later.

Suddenly, Soobin's phone rang.

"It's Taehyun," Soobin said to Yeonjun as the older gestured for him to pick up the call.

Soobin answered, listening for a bit before replying, "Oh alright. See you right there."

The call was short. Soobin put his phone back in his pocket and turned to Yeonjun with a cheeky smile, "Isn't it time for you to go now, hyung?"

Yeonjun gave a confused look as he took out his own phone and looked at the time, giving a chuckle of surprise then. "Aw time to part from you then."

"I'll stay with you the whole time offstage," Soobin offered a warm smile to the older.

Yeonjun smiled back, pinching Soobin's cheeks. "Well," he said, looking deep in the younger's eyes so he blushed, "First of all, I need you to watch me when I'm performing so you can see how cool I am and impress you, right?" Yeonjun turned a light pink but flashed a cheery grin nonetheless.

"Aw." Soobin pouted. "Well... okay then."

Yeonjun put an arm around the younger as they slowly walked to the tent behind the stage, "Stay with me till I have to go to the stage and you to the audience area, alright?"

Soobin enthusiastically nodded and the pair walked to the tent.

"Hey guys," Yeonjun greeted the boys who were sitting around and fixing themselves up before their performance. Grabbing a small pouch from a table, Yeonjun beckoned Soobin, "Let's go."

Soobin followed Yeonjun to the bathroom of the mall nearby.

Yeonjun took out some accessories from his bag, a silver layered belt chain, a choker and hand ornaments with fancy silver chains connecting to rings.

Soobin watched as the older attached the belt chain to his pants.

"How do I look? Cool?" Yeonjun posed in front of the mirror.

"Sure." Soobin let his eyes look at the other accessories that were sitting next to the sink, on Yeonjun's bag.

Yeonjun followed the younger's gaze and smiled, "You want to try it on?"

Soobin looked up and their eyes met. "Oh no no!" Soobin tried to smile it off, "They're just really pretty, that's all."

"You could wear something, wait." Yeonjun was digging in his bag for a bit before he produced a small locket. "I knew this would be here!"

Yeonjun went to Soobin and showed the small heart locket hanging on silver chain, "Do you want to wear this?"

"Wow!" Soobin looked at the tiny heart as Yeonjun put the locket in his hand. "Wait is this one of those things that you can put pictures and all inside?"

"Well technically it's too small for a picture and people in the past probably put their lover's hair or something but if you're asking if it opens, yes."

"Hair? Ack!"

Yeonjun chuckled, "Don't worry, I cleaned it well."

"So it's an actual old one and not something modeled after those types?"

"Well, I thrifted it so maybe. I don't really know."

"You want to wear it?"

"Yes!"

Soobin turned around after Yeonjun offered to help him wear it. Soobin looked at Yeonjun in the mirror, smiling when their eyes met and the older turned a light pink.

"Oohh." Soobin liked the way the locket hung from his neck, looking pretty with his white ruffled shirt.

Yeonjun took a choker from the counter and put it in Soobin's hands, turning around and facing his back to him. "My turn!"

Soobin tried buckling the little buckle on the small black choker but it kept slipping from his fingers.

"Is it alright? Is it not buckling?" Yeonjun tried turning to him.

"Oh no, let me just. One sec-"

Yeonjun choked before chuckling uncomfortably. "Hey! Loosen it a bit maybe?"

"Oh! I'm so sorry!"

Yeonjun laughed. Soobin looked up to see Yeonjun's gaze on him on the mirror.

Soobin quickly fixed the choker and Yeonjun turned to him, patting his head, "Thank you," before opening the pouch he'd brought and going to retouch his make up.

"Is it alright? Not too tight? Did I hurt you?"

Yeonjun shifted his gaze back to the younger before putting away the lip tint he was using and approaching the younger.

"Hey." Yeonjun cupped Soobin face and smiled at the younger, "I'm alright, okay? It wasn't a big deal, just a little funny."

Soobin pouted. "Funny?"

"Yes. But also adorable."

"Oh."

Soobin realized the proximity of their faces then and turned light pink, his gaze scanning the older's face, stopping at his lips before shifting to the older's eyes when he realized that the older had caught his eyes. Yeonjun slowly leaned in and Soobin closed his eyes, in a panic but excited as he felt his heart do cartwheels.

Suddenly, a voice called out as a guy entered the washroom, "Hey Yeonjun! Hurry up, yeah?" It was Leehyun.

As Leehyun looked up from his phone he'd been using, Soobin's head was on Yeonjun's chest as he'd let it fall to the older in embarrassment. Yeonjun had a hand on his back, patting him lovingly.

"Yeah, I was just coming." Yeonjun quickly said.

Leehyun smiled, of course Yeonjun was late because he was here with his boyfriend or something. "Hey who's that?"

"Oh just Soobin."

Soobin quickly turned to Leehyun and waved, "Hey hyung."

"Hey." Leehyun waved. "I'll be taking away Yeonjun for now, alright? Oh and, tell Taehyun to click videos of me, alright? My mum's back and she'd want to see."

Soobin nodded, Leehyun was adopted and Soobin had heard that some time ago, his biological mum had gotten in touch.

"Bye Soobin, I'll see you as soon as I'm done, alright?" Yeonjun gave Soobin a flying kiss before hurrying away as Soobin tried to calm his frantically beating heart.