XVIII

Soon, the clock was nearing 1 pm and after cleaning up after themselves, Yeonjun and Soobin walked out of the park and to the event location.

"It's here, right? And that's the stage?" Soobin asked excitedly to the older.

"Yeah."

The location was in a plaza near the most trendy mall in the city where a temporary stage had been set up. Most days, there would be live music playing to brighten up the busy market area, today, teaming with the local community, the Dream High dance club had organized a talent show of sorts.

The two were looking around, hands in each other's, it seemed more natural now.

"Hey lovebirds!"

Yeonjun and Soobin turned around to see Beomgyu with Taehyun beside him.

"Hey Gyu."

"Hello Beomgyu," Soobin bowed before waving to his friend.

Taehyun waved back.

"Don't bow at him ew," Yeonjun chuckled.

"Shut up, Jun," Beomgyu laughed. "Anyway, mostly everything's done and ready, just be there in your performance clothes backstage at 1:45 for the opening and then you'll have to help organize the line up, alright Jun?"

"A busy day, yeah yeah."

"Did you eat? There won't be anytime for snack breaks once the event starts."

"Yes, mom. I ate."

"Shut up." Beomgyu paused for a minute before continuing, "Get me a sandwich from the convenience store and get one for yourself, alright? I'll be right here with Tae."

"I ate lunch with Soobin, you can ask him." Yeonjun rolled his eyes.

Beomgyu averted his gaze to Soobin, "Did he?"

"Yes. We have pictorial evidence too!"

"Alright. I trust Soobin." Beomgyu smiled, "Bye Jun, I'll see you backstage before the opening then!"

"I swear, Choi Beomgyu, I'm going to beat you up one of these days," Yeonjun joked before waving him off and walking away with Soobin.

"Does he always do that?" Soobin asked.

"Yeah, he's been really worried about me ever since I fainted that day."

"It was because you skipped a few meals, right?"

Yeonjun nodded, "I didn't mean to though, I was just too busy to realize." Yeonjun spared a glance to the younger to see a pout on the younger's face. "I promise to be more careful from now on, alright?" Yeonjun placed a small kiss on Soobin's forehead and the younger blushed a light pink.

As the two boys were walking around, looking at the tiny trinkets being sold in stalls, a guy called out to Yeonjun.

"Hey Jun!"

"He's my friend from school, Dongchan," Yeonjun whispered to Soobin, before waving to his friend, "Hey Chan!"

The guy ran up to the pair, "Hey Yeonjun." He turned to Soobin, "Hey, I'm Yeonjun's friend from school, Dongchan."

"Hello, I'm Soobin," Soobin greeted.

"I just need to have a quick chat so excuse me for intruding, right?" the guy said to Soobin with an apologetic smile and Soobin nodded.

"What is it, Chan?" Yeonjun asked.

"Oh just a few things we need to go over before the show starts."

"Alright." Yeonjun turned to Soobin, "Give me sec, right? Just a quick chat."

Soobin nodded as he tuned out the two talking about the event as he looked down at his and Yeonjun's intertwined hands, stroking the back of Yeonjun's hand.

"Hey Soobin!"

Soobin looked up to see Kai calling him, "Hey!"

Kai came to him and they were talking when suddenly, the guy with Yeonjun, Dongchan, spoke up, "Kai?"

Yeonjun and Soobin turned their attention to the pair as Kai's expression quickly changed from a cheery smile into a cold, stoic one, "Dongchan."

Kai turned to Soobin, "Yeah anyway, I came with a friend so I wouldn't be the fifth wheel today so I'm off, right?"

"Yeah alright but we can hangout if you want, Kai."

"No Bin, have fun on your date," Kai winked. "Bye Soobs. Bye Yeonjun, best of luck for today, yeah?"

"Thanks, Kai," Yeonjun smiled as the three watched Kai run away to a guy who'd been waiting for him.

"Do you know that guy?" Soobin asked Yeonjun, referring to Kai's friend.

"He's Jeongin, he's performing today too. Cool guy."

"Jeongin? Oh then he's Kai's friend," Soobin had heard of Jeongin, he was a part of a dance group called Stray Kids where Kai had many other friends as well.

"Just a friend?" Dongchan asked.

Soobin nodded, confused, wondering what it was to Dongchan.

Suddenly Yeonjun whipped his head to Dongchan, "Wait is Kai the guy..?"

"Yes, he is," Dongchan sighed. "Anyway, that's it, Yeonjun. I'm going to go over to get ready, I'll see you guys later."