VIII

Walking in the hallways, skipping even, she was in a good mood. "Looks like things are going canonically." reaching the door to Damon's study, she opened the door to see two men,

"Grandfather?" a chuckling old man and a slightly sobbing king were sitting on the couch face-to-face. She already knew what happened before she arrived. "Welcome home."

The two bonded over "bullying" Damon. Deux was impressed he got Damon back on his feet, on Olie's Birthday.  She sat down next ot Deux who was happy he came back.

"Why have you come back? I thought you'd be in Leoven for a bit longer." 
"That is what I have cone here for." He looks at Damon who nodded.

"Recently, I have been noticing a change in you." His tone changed.

"A change...?" she became wary, thinking if she had done something to change the story she grew anxious. She glanced at Damon who seemed to know nothing of it.

"What change?"
"Recently, magic has been seeping out of you,
     extraordinary magic." 

Having the faintest idea, she was quite confused but had someone in mind. 
"When did it start?" Damon managed to find words, "A few days ago, at Olie's birthday party."

'That's when--!'  immediately realizing the cause, "And, and how much is it seeping out right now?" she hesitated to ask, she knew what danger it'd bring to her if other people like the church knew.

"Nearly as much as mine." 
"As much as yours?!" Damon exclaimed, he couldn't believe what had come out of Deux's mouth. He worried for Liliana, thinking of her safety and the pressure she'll be given once the news is out from the palace.

"Yes, which is why I have a proposal." Deux said to calm Damon, he too was worried.

"In three weeks prior, I will be going to Raiden and staying for a few months, maybe even years, to teach a new disciple of mine."

"Why not here? Why not let the disciple of yours stay here?" Damon was struggling to find a reason for Liliana to stay, he already knew what Deux is propsing.

"Raiden is a kingdom known for it's magic, it'll be much better there. Which is why.." he stopped to look at Liliana and take a breath.

"Dearest, I would like to take you with me, I would like to let you learn more about that extraordinary magic of yours." he said with a smirk, holding Liliana's hand.

{ Chapter VIII: Decisions }

'It'd be best to stay away from Alistian for a while..'  she thought, knowing Alistian too had immense magic of his own and is from the chapel. "Your Highness?" she stopped in her tracks, hearing the voice of a boy behind her.

"Alistian." not turning back, she knew it was him. "Wh-where's Olie?
"Oh, he's waiting inside your bedroom to surprise you."

"I see, was it fun hanging out with him." She turned to face him, still avoiding his eyes.
"Yes... very...?" She noticed the unsure tone he had, "What happened?"

"Your Highness, is it normal for Olie to...."
"To what?" 

"Well you see earlier, we were outside in the flower garden and then he found a butterfly so I went near him and found him ripping the buterfly's wings apart and it kind of creeped me out but also nearly laughed at it, is it normal for him to do that?" Liliana could only make out a few words; butterfly, apart, Olie

she was at a lost for words.
'I read the book but to hear it in real life it's actually really weird.'

Alistian chuckled, "I did not know how to react, one thing is that it was pretty funny and kind of scary."

"Damn, should've seen that." she too chuckled, "Anyways, what's that dark purple air around you?" his tone shifted, Liliana raise her guard.

"Oh that? It must've been from the powder."
"Powder? What were you doing earlier?" he grew suspicious.

"Mind your tone, Alistian, I am a Royal you know." She retorted.
"O-oh, forgive me Your Highness."

'Safe'  

"Tell Olie i'll be in the gazebo, just call me when dinner is served, yeah?" she started to walk away from Alistian as she waved goodbye.

"Yes, Your Highness."

--

{ LILIANA'S BEDROOM }

After they had a quiet dinner, which Damon tried to warm up to Alistian. Liliana went back in her room to decide, to decide her future and the end of this story she is tasked to end.

Locking her door, she sighed heavily. "What am I gonna do??" whining, she slid down the door. an buried her face on her knees.

"This isn't like me at all, I've been a class president before this should be easier than that." her voice was muffled.

"Fudge." standing up, she needed some sort of motivation to do things. "UGhHhHhHhH." lazily walking to her bathroom, she took a bath.

After a few minutes she grabbed one of her usual clothes, tied her hair into a bun and started writing. "Okay, okay Ideas."

"Let's see..."

----

"WHAT?! You're what?!?" Eryx screamed, surprising Liliana he never raised his voice that often. "Jeez, I said I'll be going away for a few months, or even years."

"YEARS YOU SAID, Y.E.A.R.S"
"YEAH DID I STUTTER?" Eryx rolled his eyes and scoffed.

"Calm down, girly. I was just surprised, didn't that geezer give you three weeks? You're deciding on this too soon." The two were once again in the gazebo feeding fishes.

"Yeah but well, there's kind of a special reason for that." Liliana looked around them, no Alistian, no Olie, the coast is clear. She leaned in and whispered to Eryx.

"I have some sort of immense magic in me, Grandfather wants to train me." 
"Oh, so that's what that purple air around you was."

"You can see that?" Eryx nodded, "It's kinda hard, not to see actually." she leaned back, taking a cookie from the tray.

"Is that the kid from yesterday?" Eryx pointed to Alistian which was with Olie in the garden again, she hummed in response. "Cool, wait-- how tall is he?" his tone turned serious, making Liliana choke on her food.

"WHAT?!"
"Nothing, nothing."

"Oh, that's right. We haven't been playing chess for awhile. Do you wanna play?"
he scoffs, walking over to the already prepared chess board.

The two shake hands, "Rapid chess?" Liliana suggests, "Sure."

Eryx played White while Liliana played Black.  "It's been a long time, let's see if you've improved." Liliana rolled her eyes, "Right back at you."

The pieces were moving rapidly, and in the blink of an eye, Eryx won.
"What happened? You weren't focused at all, did you seriously lose your smarts?" At first he meant it as a joke but then he saw Liliana's look.

"Oh, sorry..."
"Chill, it's fine. I've been occupied with things but I assure you, everything is fine." She sighed, "Hey, Eryx.."

"Yeah, I know. Rant away, you can tell me anything. I don't know what's been up with you lately, it hurts me as your best friend." Eryx pouted, causing Liliana to chuckle softly.

'You picked the wrong candidate to use for your little show.'

To be continued.