III

{XX7, FEBRUARY 24}

The door creaked open "Good Morning, Your Highness! It seems His Highness was waiting outside your door." Olivie came in along with Olie, it has nearly been a week since Olie had arrived at the palace, he became friendly with the others and began calling Liliana 'Sister'. He was still nervous though, to be announced to society on his birthday that is.

"Her Majesty is currently bedridden. As we speak, His Majesty is attempting to cook her some... soup.." Hearing Olivie's last sentence she immediately got up and ran to the kitchen, not thinking about how she was still in her nightgown.

"Is father's cooking really that bad?" Olie asked, his eyes followed the girl dashing through the  halls  "You don't want to know, Your Highness." she dreaded at the fact Damon attempted to cook once more.

The doors to the kitchen banged open, catching her father wearing an apron and cooking up god knows what. "F-father, I do not want to be rude but..!" pulling him out of the kitchen, he laughed nervously, knowing he was about to be lectured.

"Dearest, could you please let me off the hook just this once?." Shaking her head, they reached the dining hall where Deux was sitting. "Is Damon trying to kill someone again?" hearing Deux's voice, Damon fixed his image, "Grandfather!"

"Dearest, there you are. Where's my grandson?" He sipped his tea and looked around. "Upstairs in my room." While Damon got scolded and nagged by Liliana, Deux noticed a small letter on the table.

"What's this?" He opened it and read who it was from "It is a letter from the Duke of Heartstone." Damon explained, he received a letter the letter a day ago.

Liliana looked back at Deux who scanned the letter. 'Heartstone!?!?!'  She exclaimed once she realized, she rushed to Deux and stole the letter from his hands.

"I suggest Her Royal Highness and my son, Eryx, is to be playmates. I have no intention of delivering this as rude, but Her Highness hasn't been seen socializing with that many nobles, the same as my son.."  not bothering to continue reading what was next her face was filled with excitement.

"Father."

"Yes, dearest?" he said, rubbing his ear which Liliana had pinched.
"Accept this at once!" 

Chapter III : Stone Heart

The sound of a hand lightly punching the hard wood echoed, a man glanced towards the door "What is it."

"I have great news, Father! The king has written back accepting the offer!" A slightly high pitched voice spoke, "Eryx? Come in." he said in a happy yet controlled voice.

The door creaked open, "Continue.."
"The letter said they wish to meet us overmorrow in the afternoon." the child's tone of voice was happy and proud, but he knew he had to maintain a calm expression.

The old man smirked, his face could not be seen but it was clear he had intentions. "Send your mother in, I wish to speak to her."

"Yes father!" Leaving the dark room, his eyes strained looking at the bright jewelry the woman wore. "M-mother, Father requires you.."

Shoving the boy aside, the fancy woman entered the room. The young boy with long chestnut hair tied into a ponytail is the only son of the Heartstones. Though his height was below average, his menacing aura caused people to fear and avoid him.