XI

{ Chapter  XI:  Magic  isn't  always  nice } 

'Devon  Vicente...'

"We  will  start  our  training  overmorrow,  you  two  should  take  this  day  to  hang  out  and  get  to  know  each  other."  He  left  waving  a  goodbye,  who  knows  where  he's  off  to  this  time?

"I  heard  Your  Highness  has  a  vast  knowledge  of  books!  Who  is  your  favourite  author?"  trying  to   not  make  the  air  awkward,  he  strikes  up  a  conversation. 

"A.J  Mores,  I  found  Pink  Skies  compelling."  going  for  a  safe  answer,  she  didn't  want  to   explain  why  it  was  her  favourite  author."  I  haven't  read  that  one  yet,  but  seeing  as  it  is   your  favourite  and  for  others  as  well, my  expectations  have  risen."

"What about you?"
"R. Pane, Friends don't last left a big impression on me." she sat down in front of him, there was already a cup of tea filled for her.

"Do you think it was true? That R. Pane had written his best-selling book based on another author?" Liliana asked, wanting to start up an argument. To her, starting a debate or argument was a good way to keep a conversation going. 

"I believe so, who do you think it was?"
"I have no clue, however it is believed by others that it is G. Sebastian."
"I can feel that in they start arguments with statements hidden in their books."  the conversation about the two authors kept going until a few princes and a princess had interrupted.

"Your Highness, is this the disciple His Former Majesty is taking in?" Earl started, Aether and Eira behind him. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Your Highness-es. My name is Devon Vicente, and I am indeed Professor Deux's new disciple." Earl accepted the handshake Devon offered. The three took a seat, as the air quickly became awkward. 

"So, when will the two of you be starting your training." As expected of Earl, always coming up of a topic to avoid awkwardness. "It will be in two day's time, I was wishing for it to be sooner as to return to Raghnall sooner." the salty princess of Raghnall replied.

"Eira has been glancing at you the past few hours, she might as well be asking you for some love advice." Eira scoffed at Aether's tease, "Oh shut it, Aether." 

"I am sure Princess Eira will find her perfect match when the time comes, I suggest all you do is wait." Liliana assured her, as one of the readers of the novel she knew who would be her fated pair.

"I've been meaning to ask you, Princess Liliana." Liliana had gotten enough of that 'princess' title which people used before her name, but she also wanted to feel important.

"Yes?"
"I have seen some of your spars with our knights, they were very good but I often wonder who would win in a spar between you and Earl." taking the hint, Earl laughed. 

"Why of course, It would be me!" Liliana didn't take it to heart as she knew Earl was stronger, but she had an Idea in mind.

"Well, why don't we tests that out?"

---

Metal swords clanked, in this frosty weather the spar was held inside the warm palace. Aether and Devon were the only two who were present, as the other royal highness-es didn't want to bother themselves with finding out who would win, already knowing the result.

"I expected you to be strong, but I certainly underestimated you, Your Highness." Earl praised in between his pants. "I haven't met such a strong opponent than Sir Night, I praise you Prince Earl." Liliana replied, she was excited to be sparring with a strong person.