IX

{ Chapter IX: 16 Days }

"I'm lost.." Mustering up her courage, she wanted some words from Eryx that would somehow make her decide.

"Lost how?" he asks, attentively listening.

"I want you to choose this for me." Shifting her pose to face Eryx, she gulped. 
Trust him.

"Well you see, I've been contemplating about this for a while and.." Trust him.

"And..?"

"I.. nevermind.." Tell him.

His heart broke, he felt like Liliana couldn't tell him or rely on him. "You can tell me.. you know.." Liliana looked up at him, seeing his slightly worried look. He wasn't one to show worry for someone, but this is Liliana, his best friend.

"Should I just live like this, be a princess who lives in luxury and live a boring life..?" Eryx nodded, giving a signal to let Liliana continue.

"Or... should I become a Tyrant? Become a Queen who engages in battle, a person who's looked up and hated on, become a person who is independent, become someone who people look at and go 'I want to be like her!' Become someone people fear when they engage in battle with me, become a really badass person!" She stopped when she realized how much she fantasized to Eryx and glanced towards him.

"Then I'll become your right hand man, help you in battle, become one of the many people who can help you? Be a great magician, cast new and amazing spells, maybe even help in war plans, and tactics! We can be that duo in story books, that amazing duo people look up to!"

His face lit up, he was rambling on and on about how he wanted to become the next number one magician. He stood up and held both Liliana's hands, "If you want to be come villain-like, I'm with you. I like the sound of being bad-ass and cool and stuff!" his eyes shimmered like the stars.

"I like your funny words, magic man!"
"What?"
"Nothing."

"I have a proposal my dearest best friend." putting her hands on her hips, she posed dominatingly.

"Let us turn this into a competition, if you can become stronger than I in those four year you'll be gone then I'll make some desserts for you once more." Though the boy knew Liliana would win this, he wanted to make sure she was up to it, to follow her dream.

"NOW WE'RE TALKING!" 

"I trust you to take care of Olie while I am gone, yes?" 
"Of course, Alistian and I will take care of him." he proudly put his fist on his heart.

The door opened fully, revealing an eavesdropping Alistian and Olie.
"L-let us in on that too, Your Highness!" Alistian was driven by inspiration, Olie nodding in agreement, the two were also wanting to join in on the fun.

"Olie and I shall be fighting for the throne then?" She giggled, she was not about to lose to her younger brother. "Yes! I will try my best not to lose to you, sister!" 

"Well then, let us spend the remaining days having fun!" Putting her fist in the air, the three followed and yelled in excitement.

{ 16 DAYS LEFT }

A few tunes from the piano echoed through the music room, Liliana is having her music lessons with Eryx. It had been awhile since she wore a dress, so she wasn't quite adjusted to it.