IV

{ Chapter IV: Cursed Rose }
             { YEAR XX7, MARCH 25TH }

Desperate pants and calls for help as the woman ran for her life, stumbling and falling down to the ground she looked behind her. As thorns covered and ate her alive, she woke up.

She breathed heavily, tightly gripping her night gown she looked towards the window who only showed the dark night sky. "Diana..?" the man beside her was woken up, "What's wrong dear?" he worried.

"Nothing.. I just had a nightmare." She assured him, laying back down, the man hugged her to make her feel safer. "Thank you, dear." He only hummed in response.

---

The clouds cried softly, the weather becoming chilly and grey.  "Mother?" The door creaked open, looking back at the door, she found Liliana and Olie who were peeking inside.  "Come inside, dears." She softly said, the Queen was tired mentally but didn't know why..

The sweet tea fragrance filled the room as it poured down to the children's cups. "Is it only you two today? Where's Eryx?" Putting down the tea pot, she asked.  

"He said he had a reunion to go to." Nibbling on the cookies the two brought with them, Liliana was disappointed she couldn't compete with Eryx today. "I see, that remind me! Today, I was thinking of visiting my sister." She looked outside the foggy window, the raindrops were racing down the window.

"I wanna go! I wanna go!" Olie raised his hand up, crumbs on his cheeks, the two giggled. "Damon is currently occupied with work so it'll just be us three for today." Her look softened at the two who were eating.

Forgetting she was inside a novel, Liliana made a big mistake.

"Your Majesty, what are you saying!? You must be in high protection when going outside. I will not let you go without knights" Elise worried, she continued on sweeping the floor. "How about we let Dame Vicilia come with us, Mother?" Liliana suggested, she wore a dark blue cape and had her hair tied into a low ponytail. A simple black dress completed her look.

"Alright, is Olie ready yet?" She looked up at the stairs and saw Olie matching Liliana, "My, you two are very close!" Happy, she ruffled Olie's hair.

Walking outside, they saw the carriage that was prepared, Dame Vicilia was outside the door waiting with an umbrella with her as well as Gabriel who too had an umbrella.

"Your Highnesses, are you excited to go out?" Vicilia asked, she wore her usual uniform and guided the two small children inside the carriage, "You two, be careful not to get lost and always stay near Dame Vicilia." Gabriel strictly said, handing Diana a bouquet of spider lilies.

"Yes, yes. Good bye Gabriel! Tell Damon we'll be back soon." The coachman started the carriage, Olie looking outside the small window in awe.

'Why do I have a slight bad feeling about this... am I forgetting something..?' Liliana thought, she was sure that something felt off and that her inside self was screaming at her to remember. 

'I have a really REALLY bad feeling now...'  her thoughts began to think hard as they reached the graveyard. "Your Majesty, we have arrived." The coachman said, stopping the carriage.

 "Thank you." Vicilia opened the door, and opened her umbrella. Helping Diana get down she handed her an umbrella. "Thank you, Dame Vicilia." thanking her, the dam slightly blushed. "No worries, Your Majesty!" Rubbing her nape, Liliana flicked the dame's forehead. 

"Your Highness!"
"Hehehe" Vicilia continued to help the two children down, Diana guiding them to the graveyard. "What is this place?" Olie asked, "It's where people sleep eternally, Olie."