Fang P.O.V

I was walking back from flying lessons with my daughter, Phoenix, and I saw Max approaching us from the distance. "Hey Max, check out this new trick that Phoenix learned on our flights today!" Instead of the happy, smiling face I've been used to seeing ever since we escaped the White Coats, and Saving The World, McCallum and all that other crap. I only saw sadness and something else that seemed like discomfort, but I wasn't so sure. 

"Can I talk to you in private," Max muttered as she glanced away from Phoenix. That's weird. She loves Phoenix, what could be so important that she would want it to be in private?

I point over to Iggy, Gazzy, Nudge and Angel. "Go hang with them, I'll be home in a minute." She nodded and waved as she ran off. "Iggy!" She laughed as she walked inside. Max and I took a short flight to spread some distance between us and the rest of the flock before she looked into my eyes, then quickly down at her feet.

"We should... um... take a break."

I started laughing but then I saw the look on her face.

"W-what are you saying?" I managed to sputtered out. That is unusual for me, I'm not totally educated, but I can speak very well and confidently.

"Look at the beginning we were all a family, we were running for are lives, so we could do whatever we wanted. You kissed me, and- oh, god!- how much stress that put me through. I loved you then and now. But I slowly felt like I lost you after I didn't have a purpose anymore. Your like a brother to me." I stared at her blankly. "Could we stay friends?" she asked, continuing to stare at her feet.

After everything we went through, I couldn't believe this would be how it would end. Tears running from the corners of my eyes. "Did I ever mean anything to you?"

She shook her head, "well yes, but as a brother, a flock member. I love you Fang but I'm done here!" She turned around and flew away. "We have a freaking daughter!" I muttered quietly knowing she could still hear me.

I turned around, needing to fly off my self. Bam!  I ran right into a little boy, followed by a girl around my age. "Oh, I'm so sorry about that. Ethan never watches where he's going. I'm babysitting him for my neighbor... And, I apologize again you didn't need to know all that"