You-- Explanation

"Dad!" You hear Phoenix's voice coming from the stairs.

You roll off the bed and notice you're standing in your underwear and bra. Your cheeks go red with embarrassment as you rush to put on clothes. Fang does the same.

"I'm going down to the beach," she screams. "Then I will have to leave so Mom doesn't have everyone set out looking for me... even though I'm legally allowed to go wherever I want." "K, birdie!" Fang shouts back as you open the door to go downstairs.

You hop down the stairs, Fang following behind you. "You liking the house?" Phoenix glares at you, talking to you for the first time today. You nod. She nods in reply, then mumbles to Fang, so quiet you only catch "will find out" in the whole sentence.

After you and Fang said goodbye to Phoenix, he sat on the ground, patting the spot beside him. You sit down and after a minute of silence Fang speaks, "(y/n) don't think I haven't noticed the wings growing on your back. And, I still owe you that explanation I promised six months ago.

"The dream? You not getting along with Max? Jeb Batchelder II?" He frowns.

"All of it," he replies sadly. "Start with the dream then." You say slowly. "It wasn't a dream." "I figured that part," he shoots a glance your way and continues.

"A bunch of replicas of everything I fought, M-geeks, Flyboys, Erasers... Jeb Batchelder... They were sent to hurt me. I wasn't supposed to live. Dylan was. They still want my... immortality, is the word?" He sighs before continuing, "Max thinks that I'm being stupid bringing you into the mix. They kidnapped you, the flock, to hurt me. You were out for more than just one night. Probably more like a week. Doppelganger Jeb did something to you, some powerful sort of serum made from the flock's DNA... They wanted me to think that I put you in trouble would drive me to death. And, yeah, I am putting you in huge danger here but i cannot just keep you away from me... Phoenix has noticed that, and with the stubbornness she got from Max, and my personality, for not wanting things to change, she doesn't like you very much"

Well that explains a bit... Wait, cannot keep me away? You think, your head starting to stir.

"(Y/n)?" You look up into his black eyes.

"Yes?" "That's why I brought you here... Australia I mean." 

"Continue," you wave your hand so he can keep speaking. 

He laughs, "that's it. That was a shorter explanation than I thought it would be." 

You sighed. "can we go to that fish and chips restaurant? I don't feel like cooking tonight." He laughed and nodded.

"I will fly us there!" He exclaimed. "What other choice do we have," you replied rolling your eyes.

"(Y/n)?" You adjusted yourself in his arms, so you could look at his overly handsome face. "You are really beautiful. You do know that, right?"

You smiled. He was going to have to fix his relationship with Max one day. Like, they have a daughter. "It hasn't escaped my notice!" You grinned. Let it last, for now, you think- sadly- in your head.