17 - "Cherry Orchard"

It was 2:00 in the afternoon exactly when Lotus pulled up at Morning Star elementary school

It was 2:00 in the afternoon exactly when Lotus pulled up at Morning Star elementary school. He had gotten the okay from Lisa to pick Egypt up from school, today. All he had to do was sign his name on the pick-up sheet and leave. The sidewalk was already crowded with kids so he hoped his little show didn't cause a big furor.

Pulling up to the school in a lime-green roofless Lamborghini Aventador Roadster, the front of Bonnie's candy apple red Ferrari 488 Spider was almost touching his bumper. The two were causing kids to run around and go crazy, adults to pull out their phones and record and take pictures, traffic to pile up and a bunch of people to crowd around trying to figure out who was behind the wheels of the two supercars.

Lotus didn't know the first thing about kids, but flashy things got their attention and he was hoping Egypt would like him again if he picked her up in something nice. He wanted to call Lisa one more time to get an exact location of where she would be, but he didn't want to keep disturbing her.

After a little deliberation on if he should do it or not, he decided against it. Nah, forget it. He said to himself, not wanting to be annoying. He had called her three times already in the last forty minutes.

She already told him all he needed to know. Pre-k to second grade was picked up inside the building and third to fourth were picked up outside in the schoolyard. Then there were some from all grades who took the school bus home, so they were walked to the buses by teachers. Egypt was among those kids that took the bus.

There were actually three big yellow school buses stationed in front of them, but Lotus had no idea which one Egypt took, so he kept his eyes glued to the window trying to make sure he caught her when she passed. He ignored people snapping pictures and posing close to his car. They couldn't see inside and that was the only thing he cared about right now.

As time went by, instead of the school clearing out it seemed to get more congested. People were too busy crowding around he and Bonnie ogling, to remember they needed to be on their way to continue living their lives. He sucked his teeth and got ready to turn on the engine to try and move up some because he could barely even see the sidewalk anymore. But just as his hand went to turn the key in the ignition, he saw her.

She was the second to last child on the line of boys and girls being escorted to the school buses. She looked a little different with glasses on her face. He had no idea she needed them, but it made her look even more adorable. They were small and rectangle shaped. Her bag was bigger than her and it looked like she was struggling to carry it too. She had on a gray uniform dress and black stockings. And of course her bag had some kind of cartoon on it.

She along with her classmates were staring at the two cars. Lotus quickly opened the door and got out, making all eyes turn on him. Bonnie swiftly got out as well, but his car door went into the air, it was a butterfly door. He watched as Lotus made his way to the sidewalk. He sat on the hood of his car just to get a front row seat to this.