11 - "Asphyxia"

Three months later

Three months later...

Iris and Keshawn were driving, listening to a throwback song from Busta Rhymes. "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See" was playing in the car and Iris was stumbling on most of the words, making Keshawn laugh. The vibe in the car was playful and vibrant. They were both rapping along but Keshawn knew the words while she didn't, which made it funny.

It made Keshawn feel queasy that she was about to die. At least her final moments will be happy, he thought to himself. It was a little past four o' clock in the morning and he was dropping her back to her mother's house like he had so many times. Or at least that's what she thought, but she would never make it.

Keshawn didn't want to do this, but Iris was so unreliable. He couldn't trust her. He was inside his head fighting himself about what to do. The next set of moments would predict the future. She already knew he was Keshawn Gray and not Ethan Smith. So part of him felt like because she knew this, if she wanted him dead she would've told already; but she didn't, so there was no reason to kill her. The other part of him felt like she was only keeping the information hidden, until it got too hectic and when there was a chance she might be exposed for being the snitch, she'd drag him down as the police officer who'd been working with her to bring them down.

Keshawn looked in the rearview mirror at Breeze who was sitting right in the backseat. He was dressed down in all black, nothing could be seen except his face. He held a white extension cord in his left hand. It looked like an internet cable but Keshawn couldn't really tell, nor did he care to know. Breeze's method of killing her would be through asphyxiation. In simpler terms, he would strangle her to death.

There were more peaceful ways for her to go, but he was trying to go for more common causes of death. Things like a bullet to the head and sleeping pills were obvious premeditated murder. The bullet would be seen as her having her name written all over it since she was affiliated with a cartel. Since she wasn't suicidal, the overdose method would be easy to figure out she'd been given them on purpose to cover up a staged murder. At least with asphyxia, they had more of a chance of people thinking it was just a random act of violence. Some crazy guy on the loose that killed a random woman.

As all of this was going through his head, he had stopped rapping and laughing a long time ago, causing Iris to notice. Keshawn had did some cruel things in his life but not like this. They hadn't been together that long, probably almost a year the most. Nevertheless he shared his bed, his secrets and his heart with this woman and she was about to die.

All the good times of he and Iris began playing in his head like a movie and Keshawn felt his inside of his nose tingle and sting. His brown eyes shifted to the read evidence mirror when he saw Breeze trying to get his attention. The area they were in was dark and secluded, it was time.

"Baby?" Iris called, softly.

Keshawn felt himself tearing up, his eyes were watering and he gripped the steering wheel. He wished shit could be different, but it couldn't. He cleared his throat so she wouldn't hear the emotion in his tone.