2 - "Who Did It?"

Cilia laughed, wiping Allele's mouth. His stories from the physical therapy sessions he attended were hilarious. He attended a session twice a month, but he was ninety five percent mobile. Moreover, he had a few more trips to the hospital and would always have heart problems for the rest of his life, but he was doing exceptionally well.

"I'm telling you, they be tripping in there." He said, opening his mouth as he took a spoon full of Cilia's chicken soup. 

He could feed himself but Cilia felt like treating him like a big baby today. Laid back on the living room couch, the TV was on but neither of them were watching it. They were each other's company. Living low key was working out best for them. Cilia owned her car shop, Allele was making investments and the money was rolling in. They weren't having any issues and life was treating them good since Allele opened his eyes.

A soft knock on the front door interrupted the couple's moment. Neither of them were expecting anybody, but sometimes the neighbor from next door came over to deliver her lemon cakes baked from scratch. In his earlier days when he was much worst; the neighbor had seen him entering the house on crutches all bandaged and bruised and to be nice she had started making lemon cakes for them every two weeks. Cilia was the one who ate most of it anyway.

Cilia got up and squealed, hoping she put her homemade icing on it this time. She didn't know what the old lady made it with, but it was magnificent. "I'll get it!" She laughed as if she wasn't already on her way to the door. She looked through the peephole and felt her mouth go dry.
As if Allele sensed something was wrong he craned his neck over his shoulder and looked at her, noticing how quiet it got. 

"What?" He said quietly.

"Lotus." She mouthed.

Allele's face was blank, the whole room going silent. The last time Cilia had seen Lotus was over four months ago. It was the last time Cilia saw any of the Hunter crew. After the funeral they had for Emery in Dallas, the Hunter's chose to stay down there. New York wasn't their home anyway and they had only been down here in the first place to save her, Allele and Iris from all the bullshit they had gotten into. So after burying Emery their due diligence had been accomplished. But clearly, something chose to make him stop by.

Cilia felt herself becoming hot instantly, it was paranoia knowing what went down between her father and Allele. She had a feeling this is why Lotus may have come back down here. She did miss her brother, it was kind of strange. They had their ups and downs building their relationship, but she did care for him. However, she did enjoy the distance from all of them. It was nerve wrecking having him here.

Clearing her throat and opening the door with a smile, Cilia stretched her hands out. Lotus was in a suit as usual, looking as sharp and crisp as ever. He smelled like mint and fruit, a pleasant mixture. He smiled and engulfed her in a hug, his pearly whites extending from ear to ear and showcasing his handsome face. The hug was long and Cilia could tell from how tightly he was gripping her that he missed her.