37 - "Epilogue"

White Locus tapped the end of the pencil against her lips

White Locus tapped the end of the pencil against her lips. She was writing a poem and thinking of her next line. She sat on her king sized bed Indian style, in a lounge set. A pair of high waisted shorts with white drawstrings and the matching crop top.

"My Girl" by the Temptations began playing, making Locus pause. It was loud, coming from downstairs. She smiled, remembering Mark told her this was his parents favorite song. She knew he was trying to get her attention.

She placed her pencil and notepad down, following the music. She walked down the spiral staircase and folded her arms as she got into the living room. She walked past the pool in the middle of the floor and looked around. She couldn't see him but she could see the large Bluetooth speaker the music was coming from on the island table.

Well I'd guess you'd say, what can make me feel this way?

The chorus was coming up and Locus heard Mark appear behind her, singing along. "My girl, my girl, my girl, talkin' bout' my girl, my girl." He held her waist, moving them from side to side. Then he went in front of her, outstretching his hand. "Dance with me, love."

"You know I don't dance Mark." She mumbled, looking at him in amusement. How could one man be so pure?

He gave her a pleading look with that beautiful smile on his face. Locus couldn't tell him no. She took his hand and he pulled her to him. She followed his lead, he had one hand on her lower back and the other high in the air holding her's. Her one free hand resting on his shoulder.

She was slightly embarrassed, she wasn't like this. Mark was serenading her and although he couldn't sing and he was just being goofy, there was something so intimate about it.

Mark dipped her low, pulling a red rose out his back pocket. His father always had a rose for his mother when he played this song. Locus took the rose from him and held it. He brought her back up to him.

"I've got sunshine on a cloudy day. With my girl, I've even got the month of May. With my girl, talkin' bout my girl..." He twirled her around and when she was facing him again he put his forehead against her's, winking at her.

Locus had to look away, it felt like she couldn't breathe. Mark turned her chin in his direction. "You alright?"

"Yeah."

He narrowed his eyes at her and noticed how flushed her face was. He ran his large hand through her shoulder length straightened hair. "No need to be nervous, love. It's only me."

She felt her stomach tickle violently. He could read her like a book. Mark's beautiful white teeth presented itself and he kissed her cheek. Then her neck, letting his face rest there as they continued to dance. Locus closed her eyes, enjoying every second of him. His smell, his touch, his voice. Everything about him was a turn-on.

Lifting his head to look at her, he smiled. "I actually have a gift for you."

"Okay." She breathed. She was grateful when he finally backed out of her personal space.