24 - "Cabin Fever"

The group of ten entered the large cabin pushing, pulling and dragging luggage

The group of ten entered the large cabin pushing, pulling and dragging luggage. They were only staying for a weekend, since everyone was busy and didn't have much time to take. Lotus was who made the suggestion that everyone take off a day or two to unwind and relax from their hectic lives.

The cabin was out in the Poconos in Pennsylvania. It was a luxury cabin named Snowcap. The cost was $700 a night, with seven bedrooms and four bathrooms. Up to twenty-two people could stay, but they only had ten. It was suppose to be just couples, but at the last moment Lotus decided to bring Egypt. He wasn't sure if the vibe of the trip was going to be adult-like, so just in case the group wanted to go somewhere or do something that wasn't child friendly, they brought a babysitter along.

Among everyone was Lotus, Lisa, Egypt and the babysitter Garcia he hired. Cilia, Allele, Breeze and his new girlfriend Tamera. Breeze had been coming out here this weekend anyway so Lotus invited him since there was extra room. Lotus even put aside his differences for right now and invited White Locus and her boyfriend Mark. It was a full house. He was partly doing this because of Iris's death. It was a way to bring everyone closer together.

The cabin was beautiful, it was all wood and built like a mini mansion. There was a washer and dryer, air conditioning system, a pool table, gas grill, indoor and outdoor fireplace, a pool and outdoor hot tub. The backyard patio was beautiful. There was more than enough space for everyone in the house to not run into each other if someone sought out privacy or peace and quiet.

Everyone went and chose their rooms, leaving one vacant room left.

"This is amazing." Mark said, sitting on the edge of the bed of he and Locus's room.

Locus closed the door and ran over to him, jumping on top of him. He fell back on the bed laughing as she straddled him.

"Angel what are you doing? Let's unpack first." He suggested. He was a really organized and neat person. The type that didn't like leaving his things in his suitcase.

"Unpack? We can do that later, let's break the bed in." Locus smiled deviously.

Mark could tell she was serious which didn't surprise him. She was bold like that. "Now? We just walked through the door. What if someone wants to come in and see what our rooms looks like or they knock on the door for something? Why don't we wait until night?"

Locus didn't care about any of that, but she knew Mark was wholesome and valued privacy, so she'd respect it. "Fine."

"Wanna go play pool or something? Go sit in the living room?" Mark suggested.

Her cellphone rang and White Locus pulled it out her jeans pocket. She saw Bonnie's name on the screen and was contemplating if she should answer or not. She was about to decline it, but decided to pick it up at the last minute. She cleared her throat and answered, getting off Mark.

"Hello?" She said, trudging across the room.

"Just calling to remind you I'm getting on my flight right now to Dallas. So I'll be unavailable for the next three days. I told Lotus already, he knows." Bonnie said. He was taking his own little trip to see his family.