20. Shattered

Hermione keeled over the second she landed in the Burrow, and with a quick force of hand she's puking in the kitchen sink. She pulled back, spitting the remainder out when Molly vanishes it all with her wand.

Hermione is quickly pushed aside, and Fred leans over puking right after her. Hermione pulls away before her stomach decides for a round two.

Fred finally gathers his bearings, and turns to find Hermione helping Pansy stand in the living room. Seamus' head is shoved out a window, and he can distantly hear the sound of him puking.

Feet thunder down the stairs, and the front door opens to spill in Draco who's hauling in Theo followed by Dean who seems as if he doesn't quite know how he got here.

"You guys made it." Ginny breathes a sigh of relief, and captures Fred in a hug. George is soon to follow, clapping him on the back.

"Were there any problems?" Molly asks, setting down tea cups as people slowly migrate to the table.

"Hermione punched Henry unconscious in a hall closet." Draco shrugs, accepting his tea with a small smile before sitting down next to Theo.

"Atta girl." George grins, shooting Hermione a wink as he forced into a chair beside Pansy.

Everyone looks up as a pair of feet pound down the stairs, Harry appears in rumpled Auror robes and a panicked expression. That quickly turns to confusion as he takes in the sight of everyone, when his gaze finally lands on Draco he gasps.

"Malfoy!?" He asked bewildered, letting Ginny drag him down into a seat and brush his uniform off with her hands.

"Potter," Draco smirks, fixing him with a grin. "Fancy seeing you here." He drawls, leaning into Theo as he puts a warning hand on his thigh.

"I live...never mind. Can you come to the office in a few hours?" Harry asks quickly, not sparing Molly a glance as a tea is set before him.

"Y-yes of course, am I starting already?" Draco asks shocked. He hadn't even warned the potions shop he worked at that he was changing careers.

"Now would be preferable. Can you make it work?" Harry asks again, already standing with his tea as the Floo roars to life.

"Yes." Draco says instantly, Harry nods briskly then walks into the living room to greet whoever had just arrived.

A pop startles everyone else, and Neville appears at the head of the table with Luna beside him.

"Thats everyone." Luna says calmly, before hurrying out the front door holding her stomach.

Neville sways on his feet a moment, and Dean is quick to have him sit down and gulp some tea.

"What's the plan now?" Seamus asked after a moment of silence, everyone's color had returned to their cheeks but their brains were still a bit foggy.

Just then Harry strolls back into the room, Bill and Percy right behind him with somber looks on their faces.

"The Ministry has been officially taken over." Bill announces, not taking the time to greet everyone.

"By who?" Pansy asks, searching for Seamus' hand on the table. She doesn't stop until his hand is gripped in hers.

"Paid off Aurors. Ministry employees. Volunteers. They've warded the building, they plan on burning all the documents they can in just a few hours." Percy says grimacing, staring at his mother as he spoke. "They brought dad back, their going to force him to watch it all burn."

Molly let's out a loud gasp, her hand flying to cover her mouth as her eyes well with tears.

"Their just going to erase our hardwork? Like that?" Theo asks, scrunching his nose confused.