31. Wedding Bells

"Now? You are getting married right bloody now!?" Ron asked, looking at Hermione like she had grown an extra head. Hermione shrugged, pulling on the hem of her sweater. It was one of her own, a deep plum color. 

"We haven't got dress clothes." Draco pointed out, gesturing to his and Theo's jeans. 

"The weather is perfect." Luna leaned into Neville, cradling a snoozing Rose against her chest. 

"I can whip up a feast in about thirty minutes, a roast alright?" Molly asked excitedly. 

"The car's got a speaker for music!" Arthur gushed, and Seamus began bouncing excited. 

"We can pick flowers from the garden, and the kids can drop them around the yard." Angelina grinned, clapping her hands together. 

"I am legally allowed to wed you." All eyes turned to Harry, who straightened his spine under the stares. He then found Hermione, quivering and Fred staring at her from across the kitchen. "Let's ready the yard, and let the soon to be wed couple a moment of privacy." Harry then pointed out the backdoor, and as if on command they all filed out of it. 

Leaving Fred standing on one end of the table, and Hermione on the other. 

"You serious about this Granger?" Fred asked calmly, and Hermione began spluttering out words. 

"I was overwhelmed, and there was so much planning! The cake, and the flowers and the venue and the guest list and Merlin Fred, the dress!" Hermione threw her hands up, then began pacing back and forth. "I don't want to wear a dress Fred, I'm sorry but-Oh!" 

Hermione froze suddenly, spinning to face him, she pointed at him with her finger. A grin spreading across her face. 

In that moment, Fred would have done anything she asked of him. He'd marry her in an alleyway if that's what she wanted. 

"At Bill and Fleur's wedding, you said that when you got married someday you wouldn't go through all that rubbish. That people could wear what they wanted, and you just wanted to have fun." Hermione was breathing hard now, the excitement pouring out of her. 

"Do you still want that Fred? Is that what you still dream of?" She asked, the hope evident in her tone and Fred found himself with one simple word.

"Yes." 

"Then let's get married today Fred, I want to be yours. I want to be Hermione Weasley, and I want to kiss  you and someday, in the future, I want to have a dozen kids with you. I want to spend our summers at the lake, and I want to send the kids to school. I want waffle mornings, and game nights. Fred, I want you." Hermione was waving her hands as she talked, as if she couldn't quite keep up with herself.  

"Yes."

"I want to drink horrid tea, and stress about our kid's studies. I want to wake up to your awful morning breath, and I want to write a book. I want to write a hundred books. I want to spend our Sunday's with your parents. I want to..Fred.." Hermione was panting now, running out of breath as she spoke. 

"And what else Granger?" Fred asked calmly, keeping to his side of the table despite the fact he desperately wanted to run around the chairs, gather her in his arms and never let her go. 

"And I want to argue with you before, during and after breakfast." 

The house stilled and the Weasley's, who were crowded against the back door with their ears pressed to the old oak, held their breath. 

Fred stared at Hermione, and Hermione stared at Fred. Hermione was breathing hard, her cheeks flushed with her excitement. Fred's mind was reeling, as the next hundred years of his life played picture by picture in his mind. Hermione getting old in his arms, and having little curly haired children trailing after her in their garden.