47. I love you

You matter. You are loved. You are cared for. You are absolutely, positively, wonderful. 

Thank you, x. 

Fred held Hermione tightly at his side as he gazed at all the tents in front of the Burrow. They stretched down the laneway, nearly reaching the property line of the small cabin that Fred and Hermione had laid claim in. 

The tents were bustling with life. Smoke billowed from small fires, nestled between every few tents or so. Creatures of all shapes and sizes gathered around the fires, talking among themselves and sipping from tin cups. Fred had dug out a box of them from the attic of the cabin, before cleaning them all with the wave of his wand and distributing them as tents began filling. 

His own mother was walking along the tents, setting down baskets of baked goods, that she had spent hours the night before preparing. Sulien trailed her ankles, giving flowers to the creatures as a welcome. A few smiled at him warmly, others regarded him with curiosity as he didn't have the typical 'Weasley' characteristics about him. 

"You did this." Fred whispered proudly in his wife's ear, a small bit of pride coursing through him as Hermione shivered from his hot breath. 

"I did?" Hermione whispered back, leaning into him. She smiled in delight as a few goblin children ran towards them, before circling the duo and streaking away again. 

"McGonagall said so herself." Fred stated, standing up straight as Charlie approached the duo. A small dragon was perched on his shoulder, nipping at his ear. Charlie seemed completely unbothered by the flames dangerously close to lightning his hair on fire. 

"Chiara says to expect about a dozen more." Charlie spoke, letting out a bark of laughter as the small dragon blew smoke into his ear canal. He scooped the dragon up, perching it on his index finger then blew on it until it soared into the sky away from him. 

"Dozen more of who though?" Fred questioned, he supposed they could start setting tents along the forest line. Though they were quickly running out of room. 

"All kinds of creatures." Charlie responded, a large grin stretching across his face as the dragon swooped, circled then landed atop his head. Making a nest in Charlie's long hair, before curling into a ball and closing it's eyes. 

"Fred! Hermione! Look!" Fred bent down just in time to catch Sulien, who practically threw himself into Fred's arm, before pointing over the tree line. Just over the trees, a cloud raced towards them. 

Hermione pressed herself into Fred's side as it neared, before laughing in delight as the cloud came closer, revealing a pack of fairies. 

"Over here!" Hermione whistled, and at once the fairies came to her side. Fred watched as she led them to the old oak tree, where they had already hung up tin cans for the fairies to make home in. 

"She's happy you know." Fred turned in surprise towards Charlie, who was watching him in clear amusement. Sulien let out a dramatic yawn, before pressing his face into Fred's neck. Within seconds Fred could hear gentle snores leave his lips. 

"Hermione?" Fred asked, cocking his head to the side as he moved a now completely passed out Sulien around until he was more comfortable.

"Yes, she hasn't been happy for a long time." Charlie held up his hand to stop Fred from protesting. "Your relationship has been nothing but disaster since it started. Not your fault of course, but she hasn't smiled like this since well since I can honestly remember." Charlie cleared his throat, as if he was trying to push back tears and smiled at Fred.