43. The Prophecy

(This chapter is a bit heavier and darker than others have been. Without spoiling anything, there is mentions of 'abortion' of sorts. I didn't go into terrible detail, but it is indeed implied. Thank you, and please let me know if there is anything  you deem insensitive.)

(Triggers include: Self-harm, abortion, blood, scars & mentions of rape) 

Hermione shuffled into the Burrow, it had been only mere hours since she had been appraprated out by the Chiara girl, dropped in the concrete room and forced to sit through her own funeral. She thought she was going to go mad listening to the pastor above her drone on about how wonderful of a person she had been.

It was all lies, and Chiara admitted it was a written script provided by her specifically.

That fact alone nearly made Hermione want to throw up. 

Hermione still hadn't a clue how Chiara even knew who she was, or what she was now doing sitting at the table in the Burrow's kitchen. Hermione didn't have the mental space to care, and quite frankly, Chiara seemed more trust worthy than George was at times. 

No offense given. 

"I reckon, it's high time someone started explaining some things around here." Molly slammed down the fourth kettle, she had dug it out from the depths of her china cabinet, in the middle of the table and stepped back. If she had to stretch out the table any longer, they'd be sitting people out on the back porch.

"We must wait for the Malfoy boy." Alicia smiled, plucking Thomas from Angelina's arms to bounce her on her legs. It was high time she got to dive into her aunt duties, she had been removed for long enough. 

"And that sweet Lovegood girl." Chiara chimed in, smiling as Charlie shakily poured her a cup of tea. He avoided her eye contact as long as possible, when he did finally catch her eye the kettle nearly crashed to the table. 

"What about the Longbottom boy, is it true him and Luna finally-" Katie began, but was cut off just as the front door swung open.

"You Weasley's!" Theo roared, holding his hand up, Arthur let out a belly laugh at the sight of his car keys dangling from his hand. "You are all off your rockers I tell ya!" Theo threw the keys down, where they bounced crashing against a metal kettle before settling on the table top.

"Nearly crashed us into a tree." Luna giggled, sweeping into the room to claim a seat beside Hermione. Neville slipped down next to her, cradling Rose against his chest.

"Because Neville wouldn't stop fiddling with the radio!" Theo shouted, huffing as Draco yanked him down into a chair near the head of the table where Arthur sat, now muffling his laughter into his tea cup.

"Don't go blaming your poor eye sight on me." Neville snapped, reaching forward to pour him and his wife some tea. He was still rattled from his trip across the country side, with Theo being in charge of his life and all. 

"It was a lovely Funeral." Draco commented, shifting Scorpius so he could pour him and Theo a cup. "Right shame you abandoned us to deal with the teary eyed guests." Draco drawled, raising an eyebrow in Harry's direction. Blaming him entirely for the aftermath of the funeral. 

Harry simply lifted his hand, and pointed across the table from himself at Professor McGonagall. Draco choked, slamming his tea cup down to wipe at his lips as he stuttered out his next words.

"Profe-Professor! How pleasant to-"

"Malfoy." McGonagall drawled, raising an eyebrow.

"It's Knott now." Draco squeaked, gesturing to Theo beside him. Theo's anger immediately vanished into thin air, and he offered McGonagall possibly the cheesiest grin she'd had ever seen. It reminded her of a dear Remus Lupin, who had once uttered similar words to her.