36. Spilled Tea

"I don't like this." Fred bounced from foot to the other, uncertainty clear in his features as he watched Harry stir two vials of polyjuice potion with his wand. 

"It'll be fine." Harry shrugged him off, but Fred was quick to put an end to this blind belief. 

"My brother lost an ear last time we did this." Fred pointed out, and brought his hand out of his pocket to begin ticking things off. "We lost Moody, Hedwig and nearly all of us nearly got blasted with curses. Harry I really don't think this is good." Fred tried to reason, but Harry seemed to be having none of it. 

In fact, he looked rather annoyed with Fred. 

"We aren't flying anywhere, and we aren't going against an army Fred." Harry sighed, handing one vial to Hermione. "It's just one scrawny old man." Harry reassured, reaching out to clap Fred on the shoulder. Fred shook his head frantically, causing Hermione to step in front of Harry and draw Fred's attention to her. 

"I'll be okay, we'll all be okay." Hermione whispered, reaching up to trace Fred's eyebrows with her fingers. "It's just a visit, to see what's going on." Hermione smiled, but it did little to aid Fred's worry. 

"I don't understand why you have to go." Fred glanced at Harry like it was entirely his fault, though he supposed in some ways it was. "Let the others go, we'll stay here, have tea and-" Fred was cut off by Hermione rising on her toes and planting a gentle kiss to his lips. 

Fred melted into it, before realizing she was simply trying to distract him. Before he could argue with her more, Hermione pulled away. 

"I can't stay hidden in a cabin forever Fred." She whispered against his lips, Fred's arms moved to wrap her up and pull her closer to him. 

"Yes you can, In fact, I'd prefer if we just stayed home for the rest of our lives." Fred pleaded, whispering against her skin. He was begging, he should be ashamed honestly for acting how he was but he couldn't bring it in himself to care. 

"I want to see the ocean Fred." Hermione whispered, pleading back. 

"I'll bring the ocean to you then." Fred reasoned, but Hermione shook her head softly and pulled away just enough to look into his eyes. Fred watched as they calculated him, trying to decide what she should say next to have him at ease. 

"How bloody romantic." Ron drawled, having wandered into the room to see what was taking so long. He adjusted the label of his Auror robes and shot Harry a confused glance, Harry only shrugged in response and they turned to Hermione to see her pulled away from Fred. 

"I'm ready." Hermione nodded, holding her hand out for a vial. 

"Granger please.." Fred whispered, Hermione shook her head but kept one of her hands firmly in Fred's. She was going whether he liked it or not, but she didn't want him to feel abandoned either. 

"An hour, tops." Hermione looked at Ron for reassurance, and he nodded curtly. More for Fred's sake than hers. "Then we'll be back in time for lunch." Hermione gazed at Fred as she said this, but Fred still looked distraught. 

"Don't go." Fred whispered again, his face falling to the fact that nothing he could say would change her mind. He took a deep breath, let his eyes flutter closed before looking at her again. "You come back to me this time." Fred said sternly, reaching out to cup her cheek with his free hand. He knew he was crumpling right in front of her. 

"You come back to me, and we'll go to the ocean." Fred whispered, he leaned forward to slot their lips together and Hermione kissed him back hungrily. Tightening her grip in his hand before pulling away to nod at him.