Part 13

i know that i say resort in the previous chapters, but I also say retreat since they are kind of similar. I hope you guys like the update! Also we need more of Gabe's POVs

Gabriel POV

I never thought that I had car sickness, but add a case of blindness and boom, I have car sickness. The suspense of not seeing where I'm going and the unexpected twists and turns had unsettled my stomach and made me nauseas. But it's obvious that I'd rather suffer car sickness than be stuck with Holloway team.

A smile came to my face when I remembered the moment when Owen told us the plan. It was genius. We'd evade the girls while relaxing at a retreat.

"How are you doing?" A female voice of the one Dr. Summers asked me.

I forced a small smile to my face. "My stomach is deciding to be a rollercoaster, and my head has decided that it wants to be a balloon. Other than that, I'm great."

Dr. Summers chuckled softly. "Just a little more longer."

I nodded. "So what are we going to do at the retreat?"

I could practically hear the smile in her voice. "We'll be continuing the treatment. You along with the others have reported that you can see light and figures. Colors and details aren't clear but all of your vision is coming back. Slowly but surely."

I smiled at that. It was hard not to. Our sight was finally coming back. It made most of us cry when we first took off our bandages and saw something else than darkness.

"We have either family members or medical personnel assigned to accompany you throughout your stay. Kota will be accompanied by Erica. North with Uncle. Luke with Marc. Silas with Charlie. Nathan with Axel. Victor with Corey. Sean with Raven. and Owen with Axel."

"Nathan and Owen are going to be with Axel?" Kota questioned them.

"Oh, did I say Axel twice? Sorry," she apologized. "We're having Nathan is going to rotate between Kevin and Kayli. Gabe is going to be with Wil. They've bonded some from what we've heard."

"Are you sure with Raven? He's..." I searched for words that wouldn't be too mean. "He's bound to lose Sean."

She laughed. "We'll place Brandon with them. At least, we're smart enough not to place Corey and Raven together."

I snorted. "They'd be sucking each other's faces off than pay attention to Sean."

"You know I resent that remark," Corey grumbled from one of the seats behind me.

Dr. Summers, Kota, Luke, and Dr. Roberts laughed along with me. Because of the multitude of people coming, we decided to take several suvs. North, Silas, Brandon, Axel, and Dr. Oher were in another car. Owen, Sean, Axel, Uncle, and Charlie were in their SUV. Raven, Nathan, Victor, Marc, and Dr. Akatsuki were in their SUV. Kevin and his fiance Megan (i forgot if that as her name) who was one of the nurses were riding in their own car. Erica, Jessica, Kayli, Wil, and Theo were in her car, while the other medical personnel came with the bus with the medical supplies.

"So how is Wil adjusting to your team, Corey?" Luke asked after we stopped laughing.

After we were in the middle of the Ashley Waters mission, the Toma team met Kayli and helped her find her brother Wil. He was caught up in one of Principle Hendrick's drug plans, but with the help of the Academy, he wasn't charged. Soon after, he joined the Toma team as a beginner team.

Corey spoke. "He's doing good. I don't think he likes us very much but he does well with the team dynamics. Kayli wants him to stay with us, but I think it would be better if he goes to another team. We can only do so much when he allows us into his life, and he is only letting us in a little bit because we are dating his sister. He'll become a great Academy dog once he finds his own family."

"What about Kayli? What does she think?" Kota asked.

Corey sucked in a breath. "She wants him to stay with us. She's trying to keep other teams away from him, and that's starting to hurt all of us. She's a great woman, but sometimes she can be a bit selfish. She's supportive of him, but she isn't willing to let him go. Wil will have to confront her sometime."

"That must be hard situation." Phil spoke from the driver's seat. "You're stuck between the woman you love who wants her brother to stay and the boy you're wanting to help spread his wings. If you need any Academy assistance, my door is always open."

"Thanks, Phil. I hope it won't get to that, but thanks for the offer," Corey said gratefully. "So I heard that you guys have been meeting a little bird? Any details?"

I felt my cheeks flush at the mention of Wren. "No..."

"No?" Dr. Summers teased us.

"Her name is Wren!" Phil tattletaled on us.

"We don't know what she looks like, but she seems like an honest girl." Kota reasoned.

Dr. Summers was quiet before whispering. "Well, I didn't expect you guys to know what she looked like."

Luke burst out laughing. "Oh, god. I didn't expect that. What Kota meant was that there was no sight of her entering our hospital room, and no one in the hospital seems to know who she is although we know they know."

I chuckled deviously. "Just you wait." I rubbed my hands together, plotting pranks and such for pay back. "Once we get our sight back, we'll be searching for her."

Dr. Summers clicked her tongue. "Well, if that wasn't creepy, I don't know what is."

I gasped. "I'm not creepy!"

Luke tsked. "Gabe, it kinda was. you sounded like an ax murderer."

I pouted. "No I don't."

Dr. Summers awed, pinching my cheeks. "Aww, you're so cute."

"By the way, none of us know much about you," Kota started.

"Ah, you're wondering if I'm young enough to be hitting on you," Dr. Summers giggled. "I'm not. I'm old enough to be your mothers but people say that my voice sounds very youthful. I'm actually married to Dr. Aki Akatsuki, but we have our own separate names. It was too tedious to change them because we'd have to go through a mountain of papers and things. And you don't have to worry about Dr. Oher."

"Dr. Oher?" Luke questioned her.

"He's in his young twenties. He's a medical prodigy like Sean, but his partner is such a cute buttercup." Dr. Summers spoke excitedly about her team mates.

"How's the wife, Dr. Phil?" I asked the elderly doctor.

"Gabriel, I told you not to call me that." He deadpanned. "But Sophie is doing well. Her and Rose are getting into many activities that make me sweat, but I have confidence in Sophie."

"That she'll stop Rosie?" Kota questioned.

Dr. Phil chuckled. "No. I have confidence in Sophie being able to patch Rose once they get into accidents."

"What about your children?" Luke hummed.

"All out of the house and with families of their own. Tori, our youngest, brought her girlfriend to meet us. She was so sweet. Cute as a button." Dr. Phil said in an upbeat tone.

Corey laughed. "I overheard Wil talking to his boyfriend. He wants him to meet us, but doesn't want to tell us beforehand. I think he's scared of him meeting all of us. I wouldn't be scary to meet, right?"

Kota snorted. "You can break into his bank account and steal all of his money, Corey. You can be scary although you look like a cinnamon roll most of the time."

"Ci-cinnamon roll?" Corey spluttered.

"Oh! I actually know what you're talking about!" Dr. Summers squealed. "You're right. Corey is a cinnamon roll."

Luke groaned. "Stop talking about food. I'm getting hungry. Are we there yet?"

"No," Phil said. I sighed, wondering how much longer we'd have to be in the car. "Actually, yes. We're here."