Part 6

A/N: One change to the story. The bomb didn't make them loose their sight but a toxin that was pumped into the room before the bomb exploded. I already changed Part 1. Anyway i hope that you enjoy. It's a long one.

Kota POV

I counted the number of turns that I had made in my wheelchair. The nurse who was currently pushing my chair was humming a popular pop song as she continued taking me towards the garden outside. I remembered when the Academy had first opened the garden. There were family members of Academy agents among other patients that were diagnosed with long-term illness. Some of the Academy agents had a fundraiser for the garden as a place that they can forget their illness at least for a few minutes. I never thought that I would be in the garden I had helped build.

The tires of my wheelchair squealed as the nurse pulled me to a stop. "Oh."

"Oh, what?" I asked her.

She moved next to me. "The garden's sprinkler is still on. I'll take you back and we can come back when they're off."

I frowned. I didn't really want to go back. The room feels stifling and depressing with eight other moping men. Add in our families and it's suffocating. "How long does the sprinkler have?"

The nurse paused. "About twenty more minutes."

I turned my face towards her. "I want to stay here. You can come back when they're off."

"I don't think that's a good idea," she said in a motherly tone. "I can't just leave you alone."

Suddenly, a voice spoke up, making my heart beat quicker in shock. I didn't hear her walk towards us yet she sounded only a few feet away. "I can stay with him."

The nurse seemed pleased to see Wren. "Oh, I didn't see you there. How are you feeling?"

"Good," Wren said. "I can stay with him, Holly. I was looking at the garden too."

The nurse was quiet, thinking. I felt my palms sweat, wanting her to hurry up and go so I could be alone with Wren. Finally, she spoke. "Okay, but don't go outside. We don't want you coughing again."

Wren laughed. "I won't. Now go, you must have a lot of things to do. I won't loose him."

"Okay, Kota has to be back in his room for a check-up in an hour. If you need anything, call me," Nurse Holly laughed before she started to walk away.

Then, we were alone. I felt her looking at me, and suddenly I felt self-conscious about the wrappings around my eyes. "Do I make you feel uncomfortable?"

Wren giggled. "No, you don't. I was just wondering if you were in pain."

I shrugged. "It flares up a few times, but it goes away quickly. What about you and your cough?"

Wren started to wheel me down the hallway. "There are a few seats a few feet down. And, me? I have really bad allergies to pollen. I always have to be careful about being around flowers which can be sad sometimes."

"What is your favorite flower?" I asked her when she started to sound a little sad.

"Hmmm, gladiolus- wait, azaleas. Azaleas and roses are my favorite." Wren said, speaking with a happy tone.

I smiled at her. "Roses mean love, don't they?"

Wren giggled. "They can be. Red roses can mean love, passion, beauty, courage and respect. White roses can mean purity and innocence while yellow roses can mean joy and friendship. My favorite are yellow with red tips."

"What do those mean?"

She was silent but when she spoke, I could imagine the soft smile on her face. "You'll have to find that out yourself."