Chapter 17

Sighs* I love my ocs. 

Victor POV

The night had passed quickly. Everyone was tired from the journey, and as soon as we finished eating, we all retired to our rooms. It was around six A.M. when I woke up to my phone going off. Reaching for it blindly (wheezes), I grabbed my buzzing phone and answered it.

"Hello?" I yawned. It was too early to be doing stuff like this. Ever since I became blind, my sleeping scheduled had become wrecked. It was only lately when I was able to notice the difference between day and night was when my sleeping schedule was becoming slightly normal but still. Who in the hell calls a person so early?

"Yo, Vic!" A voice yelled through my phone, making me wince at the loud voice. My head immediately flinched away from my screen, and I groaned at the voice. Why? Why does God hate me so much?

I knew who this person was. His voice was very distinct, and I dreaded any time he called me. Imagine the chaotic personality of Luke and Gabriel and Sean smashed together into a muscular body of a combined Nathan and Silas. That was who this person was.

"Niko," I grumbled back.

Niko Frost was another Academy member who was two years younger than us. To the Academy, he was known as the Lone Dog. To us, he was known as the 'Child from Hell'. He joined us after the Ashley Waters mission. We were his starting family, and both the team and him knew that we didn't mix well. He seemed to have the worst luck. At every turn, he was causing some bullshit that brought us into the middle of it. But he was a really competent member.

After he left us a few months after joining our family, he kept in contact with us, which seemed to be worse. It was like every time he met us, the bad luck that had accumulated over the time we were apart was unleashed. The first time, Erica's kitchen was caught on fire by him boiling water. The second time, North's black jeep was totaled when he took it for a quick drive to McDonalds. The third time, Nathan, him, and I were caught in a fight because Niko was snappy against a guy who had bumped into him. The third time, he made Sean cry after he ate all the pies that Sean was saving for himself. There were twelve pies. The fourth time, he saw Owen on a date and thought he had to save Owen. He went up to him and acted like a jealous lover and even kissed Owen for ten seconds straight. Let's just say that Owen's relationship ended that night and some rumors began to float around. The fifth time, he outpranked Luke which ended up with all of us with hair of our favorite colors and glitter. No amount of washing could get rid of that glitter. I swear that even now, months later, I can find glitter in my hair.

"Aw, I knew that you would remember me." The man yelled excitedly. "I was a bit afraid that you would after your accident."

I paused. Should I do it? "Wait, I don't remember who you are. I don't know you. Who are you? Why are you calling me? I'm sleeping....Bye."

"Wait! I got to te- " he was cut short when I hung up on him.

I quickly snuggled back into my pillows, hoping that this was a terrible nightmare. I threw my covers over my head and thought happy thoughts. Even with all of my optimistic thinking, I could feel an eerie feeling spread throughout my body.

Before I could even do anything, I heard my door creak open. My heart quickened as heavy breathing that filled the room. The only thing was... I wasn't breathing. Heavy footsteps came towards my body and stopped. I closed my eyes, praying that it wasn't who I thought it would be. But fate wasn't on my side.

My covers were ripped from my body, and I, which will deny if anyone asks, screeched like a banshee as a familiar voice laughed above me. Large hands grabbed me and pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. "Surprise!"

I wanted to cry. I really wanted to cry. Someone come and hit me with a chair. Send me into a coma. I don't care. As long as I am away from Niko.

"Hey," my voice cracked. Dammit. "I didn't expect you to be here, Niko. Uh, why are you here anyways?"

He laughed. His arms tightened, and my ribs creaked. If he didn't stop crushing me, I would have a few broken ribs soon, and I like my ribs to be intact. "There is small Academy event here. Are you excited to see me?"

"I'm crying," I sniffled. Why didn't he bother Owen or Kota? Why me?

He dropped me onto my bed, making me bounce and fall on my back. His hand patted my head. "Don't be sad, Vic! I'll visit you more."

I immediately sat up. "No! You don't have to. I'm pretty sure that the others miss you too. Especially Owe- I mean, Mr. Blackbourne."

I mentally prayed for my brother's torture, but I wasn't going to be the only one to go down. I would claw from the gates of hell to bring the others down with me.

"Anyw-," He was interrupted when a new voice spoke.

"Niko," a masculine voice spoke out. It was unfamiliar, and I was confused. Why were they all coming to my bedroom? Couldn't they do it when it was later in the day? Preferably around noon in the next century.

"Oh, come," Niko was calling towards the stranger in an excited way. "Victor, meet Ji-hoon. Ji-hoon, meet Victor. Victor, isn't he adorable?"

My face lost any emotion, including the fake smile I had on my face. Really? Did he forget my accident?

Ji-hoon sighed exasperatedly. "Niko, we said we could meet them later. Why did you wake them up?"

"But it is later. Five minutes later." He pouted.

"It's six o'clock in the morning. We just got here. I'm tired, and Liz is cranky. None of us want to meet your friends right now." Ji-hoon spoke in a tired but monotone voice.

"Bu-," Niko was once again interrupted as Ji-hoon tsked. "No, we are going to bed. Now get your ass out of this room, or I'll set Liz on you."

Niko sniffled as Ji-hoon apologized before both of them left. The click of the door closing and sudden quietness had me wondering if all of that was a dream. It wasn't until the horrified screams of my brother next door and Niko's loud laughter and ji-hoon's beratement that I knew this is one nightmare I would not wake up from.

But why the fuck was he here? And who was the other guy?