Part 12

Sean POV

Blueberry. Strawberry rhubarb. cherry. Apple.

I smacked my lips, thinking about the variety of pies that I yearned for. I had overheard someone in the hallway whisper about the cafeteria having apple pie. I might not have super hearing like North, but when it comes to pie, I become a bat, locating the word "pie" echoing in the air. Now I was hungry but I had no way of getting downstairs to my beloved.

"What do you think, Sean?"

"Pie," I felt drool in the corner of my lips.

Over my thoughts of tantalizing golden pie with creamy vanilla ice cream, I heard my best friend give a sigh. He started to mutter, but I heard the words "why" and "delusional". What he said was lost to me since I was consoling my rumbling stomach. "It's okay, Tummy. We'll get some pie soon."

"Sean," Owen barked, making me come out of my day dreams. I was about to drift back to my dreams when he spoke. "I'll get you some apple pie if you focus."

I perked up. "Really? How many pieces? Can I get some ice cream with it?"

My best friend sighed once again. "Yes. Two. No."

"Okay," I nodded, feeling my hair bounce. "What were you talking about?"

"Dr. Akatsuki recommended transferring us to a private resort in the forest."

I pursed my lips. "Well, that doesn't sound at all like a horror movie."

I could feel Owen rolling his eyes at me. "Sean, I doubt there are serial murderers at the Academy resort. Dr. Akatsuki said that it's very peaceful and we will be able to rest there. A change of environment can help us."

Crossing my arms, I thought of the benefits that could help us. All of us were tired of the hospital. The noise. The smell. Even I was tired of the hospital, and I worked here. "That might be a good idea, but who will be able to take care of us? We're not exactly a small group."

I heard Owen smooth his sheet before speaking. "We'll have Erica, Jessica, Uncle, and Charlie are willing to take off two weeks to help us. We'll also take a few nurses with us. The Toma team has also volunteered to take time off and help us. What do you think?"

"I think that it would do us good," I spoke. "Everything has been crazy. I think that all of us need a break from everything."

With that said, the door burst open, and I heard two people giggling. One of them was masculine, while the other one was feminine and so familiar. Her name came to my mind just as she spoke. "Dr. Sean, Owen, we brought you a present."

I smiled in her direction. I heard someone come towards me and hand me something. I caught their fingers, and smiled at them. I fondled the fingers, feeling the long fingers that had some calluses. "Such pretty hands. And what did you bring me, Pookie?"

"Thanks, Sean, but I don't like to be called Pookie," Victor spoke dryly as Pookie's giggles rang through the room. Victor pulled his fingers from my hold and shuffled away, leaving the present in my lap.

Wren giggled. "Victor and I were eating in the cafeteria when he said that you liked pie and Owen liked cinnamon rolls. Since they were serving it in the cafeteria, we decided to bring you some."

Happiness flushed through me. She was perfect, I cried. Moving my hands around the plate, I felt my fingers dip into something wet. Lifting it to my lips, I tasted vanilla ice cream. Tears gathered in my eyes. "You got me ice cream?"

My future wife sat beside me, taking the plate and I heard scraping sounds. "Yes, apple pie is the best with a scoop of ice cream. Here, open." I automatically opened my mouth, shocked as a spoon with food was shoved into my mouth. I ate the pie, moaning at the beloved taste.