Part 3

North POV

The bandages around my eyes itched, and it took all of my restraint not to tear it away from my eyes. A dull pain throbbed in my eyes, and my fear that my eyes would not recover coursed through me. What will happen if I have to live blind for the rest of my life?

I reveled that none of the others could see me scowl. I was always told not to make that face, but the thought of the girl that smelt like blood had me curious and angry. When we asked her about her bleeding, her response wasn't believable. Well, at least to me.

"Why do you think that she lied about her name?" Victor's question rang through the room.

"Fuck that, how does she know Phil?" Gabriel muttered.

Owen sighed and grunted. I was 100% sure that he went to push his glasses up his nose but actually hit his eye. "She's a mystery. We should ask Dr. Roberts about her when he comes in to check on us."

"I don't think that's the best answer," Luke spoke calmly.

My voice raised. "Why not?"

A crinkle of plastic was heard, and I growled. He was eating candy? How in the hell did he get candy in this godforsaken place with the tyrannical nurses? He smacked his lips, making mine twist in agitation. I bet he was loving this part. I couldn't walk up to him and wrestle the candy away. I narrowed my eyes in his direction. Just you wait, Lucian Taylor. I'll get you.

Luke spoke around the piece of candy in his mouth. "You could clearly hear the hesitation when she gave us her so called name. I don't think that she wants anyone to know that she was here. We should ask him when there is no one her but him and us."

Sean hummed. "Luke is right. She sounds sweet but there is something about her that I can't describe."

Nathan snorted. "Like her face?"

I smiled. None of us could describe her face other than the sound of her voice which had a soft high voice that made my heart melt. I don't know what she looks like, but I imagined her like the sun on a morning spring day. Radiant and golden.

Silas spoke. "She's like a--- an agelle."

"An angel?" Kota's voice came from my right.

"Yes," Silas sighed. I frowned. Silas was my best friend who has a large heart. He has always been waiting for the girl of his dreams. Of all the girls he met, this one was the first he called an agelle.

"She's more like trouble than an angel," Gabriel said with a joking tilt in his voice.

"She 's like a cupcake. Sweet and cute." Luke sighed as if he was in the middle of a daydream.

The room settled into silence for a few moments until Nathan started to speak. "Do you think that she will come back?"

None of us said anything because we didn't know if she would. But I really hoped that she would.

The door creaked open, and my heart almost burst out of my chest. What if that was her? Did she overhear our conversation? Suddenly the familiar laugh of Dr. Roberts settled my heart. "Hello, how are you guys feeling today?"

"Fine," we said shortly, but we knew that none of us felt fine. All of us were blind and none of us knew that we would get our sight back. I really wanted to see Wren's face.

Dr. Phil sighed as I heard the nurses walking around and checking our vitals. "I know that this is hard, but we have to just have hope. I brought the treatment. These are eyedrops that were made to help heal blindness caused by a situation similar to your condition."

I felt the bandages around my eyes fall away. I blinked, hoping to see something, but all I could see was darkness and fell pain. I sucked in a painful breath as the dull pain became a sharp stabbing. The nurse had me tilt my head back before dropping the cool solution into my eyes. The eyedrops calmed my eyes slightly, and when the nurse reapplied new bandages, I felt exhausted.

"Dr. Roberts, may we speak alone with you for just a few moments?" Owen said.

Dr. Roberts was silent before agreeing. After the nurses were done, I heard them walk out the door and the snap of the door closing. When we were alone, Dr. Roberts sat down on a chair which creaked slightly. "What do you need to talk about?"

Sean was the one who spoke. "A girl entered our room, looking for you. She introduced herself as Wren. We were wondering if you knew her."

Dr. Roberts was silent. "Wren? I don't know someone by that name or alias."

"She was clearly looking for you, Dr. Roberts," Owen stated.

"I can assure you that I do not know any girl by the name Wren. She could be using an alias so let me check the cameras in this floor. I'll be right back," he stated before walking out the room. All of us were quiet. Sometimes we would chat a little but we were nervous about the results.

I don't know how much time had passed, but when Dr. Roberts entered, it felt like hours. When he spoke, I became alarmed because his voice sounded confused. "I checked the videos, but there was no sign of a girl entering this room."

Sorry for the late update. I was supposed to update this on last Friday because this was tied first in the vote, but I had mistakenly updated another story. Forgive me, and I hoped you like this update. What do you think is happening? Did this mysterious girl actually appear or is she a figment of their mind? Tell me what you think!!

 <3 Azallya