18.

I'm excited about this party, but I'm also very anxious. People are either going to like me or just judge the hell out of me because I'm with Sandra. I know I said I'm stone cold to these things, but I'm human, we tend to break sometimes, plus, this is a new environment, so it's expected.

Instead of my usual black, I went with a burgundy backless, short dress. Matched with black heels and gold jewellery. Not to sound cocky, but I wear the hell out of any outfit I put together.

It's currently 8:30, Sandra should be here any second now. The place is two hours away apparently, ugh. I packed a suitcase and a bag of my things to stay the week with Sandra. One might say it's a lot, but you just never know when you need something. God I'm just so excited for this week, I hope it goes smoothly. 

"I'm in the lobby, Kara." She's here!!

I went down to the lobby and one of the employees helped me with my suitcase. 

"Wow, you look beautiful, Kara. The most beautiful woman I know." 

I blushed so hard, my face was burning up. Sandra pulled me into a hug and kissed my head. 

"You look just as stunning, miss Bullock."

"Thank you, babygirl." 

Ahh, there's the heated face again, but I turned my head so she wouldn't notice. We got into the limo and headed to the venue. 

-

At the time, two hours seemed like a lot, but we were talking most of the time and mid way Sandra had to take a business call, late, but it happens. I was just on my phone most of the time and/or took selfies. 

"Have you been to a celebrity party, Kara?"

I shook my head no.

"Okay, well, it isn't bad, however, the most annoying part is the paparazzi, then taking the official pictures. I'll be with you so it won't feel overwhelming, okay? Also, if you don't want to take pictures, let me know so I would have you moved to the other side."

I agreed to take the pictures with her, we may get some cute ones, who knows. 

As promised, Sandra held me close to her when we got out the limo, these people were swarming like bees, get that bread I guess, weirdos. 

I let Sandra take her pictures, then she invited me to take with her, and surprisingly, the photographers wanted me to take some by myself, I was a little excited because I love pictures of myself. Again, no cocky shit.

As we walked inside Sandra was greeted by a bunch of people, celebrities I guess. The only celebrity I've ever swoon over was Beyoncé, I love her so much. And Cate Blanchett, who Sandra is friends with!! When I told her I had a crush on Cate since I saw Carol she wasn't surprised at all nor jealous. 

After meeting and greeting a bunch of people, we went to the bar. We got the same thing, champagne. I didn't want to drink much tonight and champagne is always light to me. 

If I'm being honest, I was a little bored. When I'm with Sandra alone, it's fine, but since there's a bunch of people, I felt like I wasn't supposed to be with them. I felt out of place. I needed space, I went to the restroom to freshen up, Sandra offered to come with me, but I assured her that I'll be fine. 

"Jesus, how did I even score a celebrity?" I said to myself looking into the mirror. "This is crazy, but I'll get used to it, hopefully." 

I took pictures in the full body mirror to pass more time. I heard the door opening and that's my queue to go. I washed my hands and headed straight to the door, making no eye contact with the person. "Ouch" I said in my head. This person really had the whole rest room but still ran into me?!