Chapter 25: Something To Fight For

Bagheera couldn't stop thinking about Amelia. He laid in the same tree both him and Amelia laid in together. He could remember the first time they laid there together, all the way from the last time. The old panther felt very depressed and sad. Baloo came up to him in concern.

Baloo: "...Bagheera? Are you doing okay?"

Bagheera didn't respond. All he wanted was to be alone.

Baloo: (sighs) "You must have really loved her, didn't you?"

Still no response from the male panther.

Baloo: "I do feel for you, Bagheera. I really do. Amelia was a great friend. She was fun to hang out with. And I can't get over her singing. She sounded like an angel that had just feel from heaven. We've had some great times together."

Again, no response from the old panther.

Baloo: "I know its gonna be hard not having her around anymore. But no matter what, I'm sure she'll never forget about us. I know she'll never forget about you. And maybe one day, she might actually come back. I mean, I doubt it, but there could still be a possibility."

Bagheera: "Baloo, I just want to be left alone right now. Please, just go."

Baloo: "I understand. But I'd like to say one more thing before I go."

Bagheera: "What is it?"

Baloo: "I'm sure Amelia wouldn't have wanted you to lay around in a tree and mope all day. I'm sure she'd want you to live on happily. Even if it meant she won't be around anymore."

Bagheera: "How can you be so sure?"

Baloo: "Trust me, I know. If I were you, I'd still hold on to hope. I wouldn't give up on the spark she'd left me."

Baloo then turned around and walked off leaving Bagheera by himself with his thoughts. Bagheera thought about what the old chap told him. Not giving up. He then came to a strong thought. He couldn't just give up on Amelia. He'd would never give up on Mowgli, no matter what. He still kept fighting for him. He had to keep fighting for Amelia. For her freedom. For his love. He immediately got up and went down the tree, he ran off back to peace rock. Once he had gotten there, he went over to Raksha who was talking with Baloo at that time. Bagheera looked at them with determination.

Raksha: "Bagheera?"

Bagheera: "I'm going after her."

Raksha: "What?"

Bagheera: "I can't lay around all day and do nothing, Raksha. I'm gonna go get Amelia back."

Baloo: "Wait, you can't be serious, Bagheera. Shin-

Bagheera: "I don't care about Shin. I will get Amelia back even if it means fighting him for her. Besides, that's s what he's been wanting to do for a long time. I refuse to let him win."

Raksha: "Bagheera, you can't go and fight Shin! You saw what he did to Mowgli! He threatened the pack! If you go and fight him you'll risk endangering the pack."

Baloo: "Bagheera, think about this for a minute. She's one female. Are you really gonna risk everything for just one female panther?"

Bagheera: "I thought Amelia was your friend."

Baloo: "She is, and I care for her. But I just feel like your going way over your head for her. Besides, she chose to go with Shin to save the pack."

Bagheera: "And that's s just it, I can't let her go. She's the only one I've ever had romantic feelings for. I can't lose that. I just can't lose her. I need her, I really do."