Chapter 10: Unwanted Lecturing

Shin was still telling stories to Mowgli and Baloo. Shin realizes how much time has passed and that he should probably start looking for Bagheera.

Shin: "Okay, I think that's enough stories for one day. I should be looking for Bagheera right now."

Shin gets up from his spot.

Mowgli: "Aww, can't you tell me one more story?"

Shin: (Chuckles) "I'm glad I have your interest, but I really should be looking for Bagheera right now. I'll tell you more some other time."

Mowgli: "...okay..."

Baloo: "I'm looking forward to hearing more of your stories, Shin. Not bad for a controlling leopard."

Shin: "And you ain't so bad yourself, Baloo. I hope we talk like this again in the future."

Baloo: "Anytime, Shin."

Shin then turns and was about to leave on his way when he stops to see Bagheera appear in the distance with Amelia on his back and Ivy flying behind him. He could hear her lecturing him. Mowgli and Baloo noticed it too and stare in concern. The three of them then walk over to them.

Ivy: "Be careful when you walk. Make sure she's secure on your back. You better not drop her."

Bagheera turns to see Shin, Mowgli, and Baloo had arrived up to him with concerned looks. Ivy lands on the ground.

Shin: "What's going on here? What's happened to Amelia?"

Bagheera: "No need to worry, she's fine. She's just knocked out, but she hadn't been harmed."

Baloo: "How did this happen?"

Shin: "And what do you mean she's knocked out?"

Bagheera: "She was almost eaten by Kaa."

Shin, Baloo, and Mowgli: "What?"

Baloo: "Kaa? I thought I'd taken care of her from the last time she tried to eat Mowgli."

Shin: "Wait! Who's Kaa?"

Ivy: "Don't you remember? She's the same snake that almost had eaten me when we were looking for Amelia not too long ago."

Shin: "Are you serious?! What was she doing?!"

Ivy: "Me and Amelia were exploring. She wanted to learn about the jungle and see more of it. We ended up in the darkest part of the jungle. I tried to tell her we should turn back. I tried! But she wouldn't listen to me. When we ran into that snake, I couldn't do anything but watch."

Bagheera: "I was a bit hesitant to let both of them wander through the jungle by themselves, so I followed after them to make sure they didn't get themselves into any danger. It was a good thing I did, otherwise, they would have been Kaa's dinner."

Ivy: "It doesn't matter how it went, I still think you're a creep."

Bagheera: "Keep in mind I saved you and Amelia. You could at least show a little bit of gratitude."

Ivy: "So what? Wanna cookie?"

Mowgli: "What's a cookie?"

Bagheera: (Sighs) "Anyway, I should put her down to rest now."

Bagheera turns around and walks over to a tree.

Shin: "Good idea."

Shin follows after him. Bagheera rests Amelia down carefully underneath a tree. Amelia laid there still not responsive. Shin comes up next to Bagheera looking down at Amelia in concern.