Chapter 9: Happy Home, Happy Life

A few minutes have passed as Shin was sharing to the man-cub and sloth bear. Mowgli stares with interest. His face looked like he had seen something new for the first time. Baloo was also very intrigued by it as well.

Shin: "They took good care of us. Fed us meals in the morning. They would even bathe us in water. Amelia always hated water, and gave them a hard time." (chuckle)

Baloo: "I'm not surprised at that."

Mowgli: "What else would they do?"

Shin: "They also gave us check ups to make sure we're healthy. Me personally never liked those check ups. Especially when they would bring out...the needle. Gah! I hate the needle."

Mowgli: "What's a needle? And why do they give it to you?"

Shin: "Well, the needle is this sharp thing they stick inside you."

Baloo: "They stick sharp things inside you? I thought you said they take good care of you."

Shin: "They do. Though, I don't know what the needle is for, but I do hear them say that it's to prevents me from getting diseases."

Baloo: "Wait, they TELL you?"

Shin: "Sometimes, yes."

Baloo: "And you can understand them?"

Shin: "Uh-huh."

Baloo: "How?"

Shin: "When you're raised by them, you tend to understand a few things."

Mowgli: "Can both Amelia and Ivy understand man?"

Shin: "Ivy can. But I'm not that sure about Amelia since she lost her memories. But yeah, she understood them too."

Mowgli: "Wow, I never knew that other animals can be raised by man."

Baloo: "Me neither. It's so odd."

Shin: "But a man-cub living with wolves isn't?"

Baloo: "You got a point there."

Shin: "But I guess, it doesn't really matter who we're raised by. I guess being happy where you live is all that matters. Which is another reason why me and Ivy must take Amelia back home with us. We were happy at where we lived."

Mowgli: "But you can be happy here in the jungle. You don't have to leave."

Shin: "We do. It's for the best."

Baloo: "But is it really for the best?"

Shin: "What do you mean?"

Baloo: "Didn't you say you were taken away from that...animal center? There has to be a reason for that, right?"

Shin: "What are you trying to say?"

Baloo: "What I am trying to say is that maybe you guys were taken away because they didn't want you anymore. Maybe they thought it was for the best to let you go. Ever think about that?"

Shin: "No, you got it all wrong. They loved us. They took care of us. They would never let us go just like that. I know they won't."

Baloo: "I don't know, Shin. But what do I know? I was never there."

Mowgli: "Well, no matter where you are, I hope you're happy with it."

Shin: "Thank you, Mowgli. I appreciate that."

Baloo: "Maybe you aren't so bad after all, Shin. I'm actually starting to like you."

Shin: "You too, bear."