Chapter 12: Awaiting Hope

It was night time in the jungle and the three transport men were sitting around a campfire talking to each other making one another laugh. Meanwhile, Amelia was laying in a cage that was in the back of their truck. She started to move her face a little and then started to open her eyes. Her vision was blurry, but it started to clear up as she started to get up. She hit her head on the ceiling of the cage causing her to lay back down in pain.

Amelia: "Ah! Dang, it all! Ah. Where am I? What is this thing I'm in?"

Amelia looked around at the cage not knowing where she is. She then tried to use her head to try and push her way through the door, but to no avail. She then started to freak out a bit which alerted one of the men.

Transport Man 1: "Looks like she's awake."

Transport Man 2: "I'll go calm her down."

One of the men gets up from where he was sitting to go walk over to Amelia who was still in distress. Once he got up to her, it caused Amelia to back up deeper into her cage until her rear end hits against the back wall stopping her from going further.

Transport Man 2: "Hey, calm down now. No one's gonna hurt you, we're just gonna send you to your new home. So you sit nice and tight." 

The man then reaches for something from on the side of the cage. He grabs what seems to be a fresh piece of meat, big enough for Amelia to eat. He opens the cage nicely and carefully, and then stuffs the meat inside. After that, he closes the cage locking it back.

Transport Man 2: "Eat up, you must be hungry from sleeping for so long."

The man then walks back to the campsite with his other friends. Amelia looked at the piece of meat. She started to sniff at it for caution. She then looked through the cage door to look at the other men. She saw as they were chilling around the campfire.

Amelia: "I can't freak out, I'm sure the others will come and save me. I know they will. They wouldn't just leave me here alone, would they? No, I can't think like that, I'm sure they're on their way right now. I just need to wait."

Amelia lays her head back down waiting patiently for her resucers. At peace rock, all the wolves were in their caves sleeping. There was nothing but peace and quiet. Bagheera was sleeping soundly in a tree. Baloo had already went to his cave for the night. Everyone was sleeping, except for one individual who was filled with determination. Shin quickly walked through the jungle floor with Ivy on his head. The spotted cat quietly tried to walk past the sleeping panther trying not to wake him up. As he walked passed the tree he was sleeping on, Shin heard movement and stopped as he looked up to see the panther moving a little, but thankfully didn't wake up. He quietly sighed and continued to walk past the tree. Once he was at a safe distance...

Shin: (Breaths out) (Whispers) "That was a close one."

Ivy: (Whispers) "Let's keep moving."

As Shin walked a few steps up, he was then startled when Mowgli suddenly jumped from a tree down in front of him.

Mowgli: (Whispers) "Shee, it's just me."

Shin: (Whispers) "What are you doing up? Are you trying to stop us from saving Amelia? Are you gonna tell?"

Mowgli: (Whispers) "No, I wanna help."

Shin: (Whispers) "You wanna...help? Why?"

Mowgli: (Whispers) "Because it's the right thing to do. She needs our help and I can't rest knowing she's in danger. I wanna help save her."

Shin: (Whispers) "I don't know about this. Can I trust you?"

Mowgli: (Whispers) "Of course you can, I won't tell anybody. I promise."

Ivy: (Whispers) "We should let him come, Shin. He was the only one who wanted to save Amelia. I think we can trust him. Besides, we'll have a better chance of getting Amelia back with him around."

Shin (Whispers) "Alright then. (To Mowgli) Hop on, man-cub."

And with that said, Mowgli walks over to Shin and hops on his back. Shin then continued his journey to go save Amelia. Meanwhile, Bagheera had woken up. As he picked his head up and let out a big yawn he then looked down to see footprints in the ground. It caught his attention, so he got down from the tree to get a better look. As he looked at the footprints, they were too big to be wolf prints, so he started to sniff them. It was Shin's scent. He then began to follow the prints, as he did he stopped to notice they lead deeper into the jungle, and from a distance not too far away, he saw a spotted cat carrying a man-cub.

Bagheera: "What are they doing at this hour? Wait a minute...no."

Bagheera then came to the realization that they might have been off to go save Amelia, and without a second thought, Bagheera quickly chases after them.

Shin: "Ivy, do you know how long we have before they take Amelia away?"

Ivy: "I think they said they have about four days to look for the other missing animals. They also said something about going to a campsite."

Shin: "So, that's where they probably took her."

Mowgli: "Then we better hurry if we want to save her before anyone wakes up and notice we're gone."

Bagheera: "Too late."

Shin turns around to see that Bagheera had caught up to them. Shin and Mowgli were surprised at this, but Ivy was a bit annoyed.

Ivy: "Great...just when we thought we were doing so good, you show up. Here to stop us?"

Bagheera: "What do you guys think you're doing?"

Shin: "We're gonna go save Amelia from those people."

Bagheera: (In anger) "What? After I told you it was too dangerous?! Are you trying to get us all killed?! And to top it off, you bring Mowgli with you!"

Shin: "To be fair, he wanted to come along. Plus, we have a better chance of getting Amelia back if he helps us."

Mowgli: "Yeah, Bagheera, I can help. I know what I'm doing."

Bagheera: "How many times do I have to say it, it's too risky. We won't stand a chance."

Ivy: "You know, you keep saying that, but have you ever thought about trying? How do you know we won't stand a chance? Last time I checked, you big cats are way stronger than man ever will be. If anything, they don't stand a chance against us."

Bagheera: "That's not the point, the point is that man has tools. Tools that they use to aid them in almost anything. I've seen how they use their tools against anyone that tries to attack them. The end results are not pretty."

Mowgli: "Well, I'm also a man, Bagheera. I've done things that only man can do to help others. I won't let anything bad happen to the jungle. You gotta let me try."

Bagheera powdered to himself. He was still against the idea but knowing Mowgli, he knew he wasn't gonna win this argument.

Bagheera: (Sighs) "Very well, then. I trust that you know what you're doing, Mowgli."

Mowgli: "Really?"

Bagheera: "Of course. But just to make sure, I'll tag along."

Bagheera started to walk past Shin going ahead of everyone else. Mowgli was pleased to have Bagheera on his side. Ivy was dumbfounded.

Ivy: "Serious?! We're really gonna let him tag along?"

Shin: "Heh, the more the merrier."

Shin follows behind Bagheera. Once Shin reached him, the two large cats walked together continuing their rescue. Nothing was gonna stop them now.