Chapter 17: In Need Of Attention

Night has fallen, Amelia was finding it very hard to fall asleep, her head was hurting like crazy. She tried to ignore the pain, but nature's noises were not making it any better. As she tried to ignore it, she felt some weight weighing the branch she was laying on. She opened her eyes to see the man-cub in front of her.

Mowgli: "Hey, Amelia, how are you doing?"

Amelia: "Oh, hey, Mowgli. I'm just trying to get to sleep. I'm not feeling too well at the moment."

Mowgli: "Are you sick?"

Amelia: "No, just a headache. It'll pass, hopefully. I just need some rest."

Mowgli: "Okay, I hope you feel better soon."

Amelia: "So, what are you doing up?"

Mowgli: "I can't sleep, I'm not tired. So, I thought I'd come to you since everyone else is sleeping. But don't tell Bagheera, he'd get mad."

Amelia: "You're secret is safe with me."

Amelia lays her head back down trying to get to sleep. Mowgli sits on the branch kicking his feet as he looked around. He then looks at her.

Mowgli: (whispers) "Amelia?"

Amelia: "Yes?"

Mowgli: (whispers) "Are you sleeping?"

Amelia: "Not at the moment. Why?"

Mowgli: (whispers) "No reason, I'm just bored."

Amelia: "Try to get some sleep. You can lay on my back if you want to."

Mowgli: (whispers) "Okay."

Mowgli then climbs on top of Amelia's back carefully. He lays on his back.

Mowgli: (whispers) "Your fur is very soft."

Amelia: "Thanks."

Mowgli: (whispers) "Is your head feeling better?"

Amelia: "Yeah, the pain is starting to settle a bit."

Mowgli: (whispers) "That's good. Could I ask you something?"

Amelia: "What is it?"

Mowgli: (whispers) "When you get your memories back, will you leave the jungle?"

Amelia was surprised by Mowgli's question. She thought about it for a bit, before answering.

Amelia: "I don't know, Mowgli. I do love it here, and I don't wanna leave. But, once I get my memories back, it's uncertain whether if I'll choose to stay or leave."

Mowgli: (whispers) "Well, I hope you choose to stay. It would be nice to have another panther around besides Bagheera. Besides, you're more fun to be around than he is."

Amelia: "Oh, don't say that. I could never compare to Bagheera. He's wiser than me. He knows more about the jungle than I do."

Mowgli: "Yeah, I know. But he doesn't usually join any activities me and Baloo do together. I know, he's a panther and they prefer to be alone, but it wouldn't hurt just to play for a little while."

Amelia: "I see where you're coming from with this, Mowgli. I'm sure Bagheera has his reasons."

Mowgli: "Me too."

Mowgli then turns on his side putting a hand on Amelia's back. His eyes started to drop as he started to fall asleep. A yawn escapes from his mouth.

Mowgli: "Goodnight, Amelia."

Amelia: "Goodnight, Mowgli."

The man eventually fell fast asleep. At that rate, Amelia's headache had calmed down, so she was off to sleep herself. The next day, Shin came back to Amelia's tree to check on her. He sees the man-cub sleeping on top of her back.