Prologue

~ 3 years from London ~

Following London, the team enjoyed their well-deserved freedom. The Toretto Family was spread around the globe. Roman enjoyed his wealth on extravagant trips around the world without fear of capture. Tej spent his money wisely & splurged occasionally. But, he enjoyed working in his mechanic shop in Atlanta. The small business was thriving as he hired more mechanics to split up the growing work. Giselle & Han were settled into Tokoyo after a long time of talking about their dream. They always called the others to check-in. Tego & Rico settled in the Caribbean after a long hot streak in European casinos. Surprise visits from them were always accepted.

As for the main family, they were all in LA. Dom, Mia, Jack, Brian & Cassie settled nicely into the old house. They still had room for Letty but she declined. Not being able to remember the shared memories of the house & the past 15 years were taking their toll. They all tried to keep things light & slowly bring up memories in the hopes it would jog her memory. But, it didn't seem to be working. For now, they all adjusted to the new Letty.

Mia & Brian were enjoying their domestic bliss. They married shortly after London to make their family whole. Everyone came out to the joyful celebration. Everyone took the time to joke about Han & Giselle's turn down the aisle. Currently, they were happy living in LA & raising Jack as a normal kid. The daycare rides & minivan were a big adjustment for Brian. One he was still trying to get used to.

Cassie was at peace in LA & couldn't stay away from Jack. She kept her LA penthouse as an emergency safehouse. But, the house was her permanent residence which made everyone ecstatic. Jack's care made retirement a breeze though she couldn't help herself to some rare small jobs. While the family was happy for her change, her blood family had a different opinion, especially the Shaws.

Her parents missed her dearly & wished she had remained in London. But, her father wished her the best. Her mother was furious & refused to talk to her for months. It took a lot of work on her Father's end to get them to amicable terms. Terms that the Shaws weren't keen on extending to her.

With Owen severely hospitalised partially by her, the other Shaws felt betrayed by her move. Owen's mother refused to talk to her. She needed to extend the pain of her betrayal. Hattie, the baby sister, was a bit more compassionate but still icy. The girls spoke sparsely through texts. Cassie kept out any information about the Toretto's which limited their topics. The biggest rift was between the elder brother: Deckard.

He took his mother's stance by completely writing her out of his life. He was the last person on Earth she needed to piss off. That relationship was the hardest to lose. The 3 of them had served in the British special forces & the most gruelling black ops missions. Those experiences were hard to have in common. But their connection ran deeper, from their mother's professions. The 2 criminal families ran close as the matriarchs were old friends. It was only natural for their children to be the same. So the fallout from Owen's injury strained those old relationships hard. Luckily, no one was willing to start a gang war yet. But that all depended on his health.