The Big Bad Brother

Cassie P.O.V

After getting their urns, we were set to have the funeral. Dom & I were the primary contacts for the funeral home. But, the planning fell on me. We were all blaming ourselves for not watching them more closely. Honestly, the one to blame was me as my connections with the Shaws made it easier to find us. I had to stop Deckard before he hurt more people. It was time to stop trying to save cut ties.

 Everyone made it to the service. His sparse family flew out & appreciated it. He had plenty of friends who came out. Giselle didn't have anyone besides us. We focused on the funeral but everyone was nervous. It was clear this was a vendetta killing. I stood off to the side with Brian, Tej & Rome. Dom went up to Han's picture to place Giselle's & save some words.

"I can't do no more funerals." Rome commented as I scanned the tree line

"1st Han & Giselle. Now Hobbs is laid up, of all people." Tej added it slowly came into better focus

"We're being hunted. You know he's out there somewhere watching." He commented

"I hope so. That means he's close." Brian replied

It was Deckard slowly cruising by to rub in the salt. I calmly walked to Dom as I followed him to his car. He tossed his jacket as we entered to have better mobility. Deck bolted once we got in. 

Dom barreled after him as we got onto the streets. Deck tried to lose us with the traffic & lights along the bridge. But, Dom was smarter & cut into the other lanes to keep on him. Eventually, we met up in a downtown underpass parking garage. We stared at each other as they revered their engines. It was clear he wanted to bait us into driving headfirst. Knowing him he probably had a dirty trick up his sleeve.

"Dom, don't. He's planned something." I warned as he fiddled with the gear shift

Dom didn't listen as he threw it forward. I terrifyingly braced for the incoming impact as we got closer. My fear turned out to be right as our car was mostly crumpled but Deck was in better shape. 

My head was bleeding from hitting the frame. The airbags deployed but didn't do much against the momentum. We still got rocked forward harshly into them & were dazed. I was coming to when I saw Deck exiting his car. I checked on Dom who was regaining consciousness. We slowly & clumsily got out of the car through my side. I leaned against the door as I recovered.

"Never should have messed with a man's family." Deck grumbled as he & Dom faced off

"I told your brother the same thing." Dom corrected as he cracked his neck

I was better & could stand up. With most of Deck's attention on Dom, I slyly reached for my silver Beretta 93R. With it ready, I got closer to Dom to quick shield him & aim at Deck.

 With it ready, I got closer to Dom to quick shield him & aim at Deck

"Reinforced chaise. It's like going into a ring with weighted gloves." Dom noticed

"Your mistake. Should've listened to her. I'm not here to play games." He snapped