Part six

ABOUT AN HOUR HAD PASSED and neither of them had spoken to the other again. They were just sitting the same way, thinking about their things while, from time to time —and without the other noticing— they looked at each other for a few seconds before looking away again. You could only hear the wind that appeared in small gusts.

At one point when Annelisse looked at Draco, she saw that Buttons was resting next to him and she could not help but smile when saw such a scene. Buttons did not usually get very close to people, which is why she found it curious that he got so close to him.

"He likes you." She said, breaking that long silence. Draco turned his face to her and saw her smiling at him. He liked what he saw, he thought she had a beautiful smile. However, he said nothing, looking at the cat "He never usually gets close to people but apparently you must have something special." She added.

Those words hit Draco like a pang. Special, that word echoed in his head. Does she really think I have something special? He thought, he had never felt this way in fact, he did not found anything special in him. What had him most puzzled over all things, was not understanding why this girl insisted so much on talking to him.

After hearing that last thing she said, he could not help but lift his head to look at her again, discovering that she was already looking at him once more with that smile of hers which Draco strangely liked. Maybe it was only a few seconds but to Draco it seemed an eternity that their eyes were fixed on each other, as if her eyes were watching his soul through them.

"My name is Annelisse." She said sweetly with a smile.

Annelisse, Draco repeated in his mind. It was a very pretty and elegant name for him, just like the girl he had in front of him. And now he could name her; Annelisse.

He continued without speaking and the truth was, he did not know what to say either. That girl had taken him by surprise and he did not know how to handle the situation.

Annelisse, on the other hand, felt calmer. She had managed to endure more than five minutes with him without him spouting any rudeness of his and that made her happy.

"It's nice." She said, causing Draco to look back at her "The place." finished saying, tilting her head toward him for a second.

But once again, he didn't say anything, although that did not stop Annelisse.

"I've never been during the day. The views are so much better."

She was not bothered by the fact that he did not speak. On the contrary, she preferred him to be like this rather than spouting some rudeness. Plus, she liked the quiet between them right now, just two people, sitting at the top of a tower and enjoying the views.

"Draco." Annelisse called him.

Hearing his name, he turned to her, even surprised that she did not call him Malfoy, like everyone else used to do

"I'm so sorry I told you that before."

Draco took a deep breath at that. He could not remember anyone who had apologized to him before and she had taken him completely by surprise.

Annelise got up and walked over to Draco and then, sat next to him, leaning her arms on the railing again. It seemed strange to him, he had never allowed someone to get close to him like that, but somehow, with Annelisse, it had not been. He let her sit next to him without questioning.

"I don't know you and I have no right to judge you even if people talk about you." She finished, and their gazes met once more as she smiled at him slightly, kindly.

Draco felt a twinge in his chest from those words, one of the good ones. It was the first time someone had said something like that to him and in his eyes you could see that little silver lining for a second. He also did not remember the last time someone was kind to him or disinterested.

"You know? I love Christmas. I think it's the best time of the year." Annelisse looked at Draco after saying that but he kept looking away "Do you like it?"

"No."

She looked surprised to hear him. He had not spoken to her in almost twenty minutes. Annelisse felt fulfilled by it, she had gotten him to speak.

"Why not?"

He simply shrugged, looking at her.

"That's not an answer." She said sweetly smiling and scrunching up her face in a somewhat amused way that, surprisingly, Draco found tender.

"It is for me."

"Come on, don't you like a little preparing the tree all together, the laughter with the family, the gifts and, above all, playing in the snow?" She insisted subtly.

"No, since I've never done any of that." Draco surprised himself for having said that.

"What?" She frowned and moved a little, trying to get more face to face with him "It can't be."

He didn't respond, to which she sighed.

"Well, you would have to come to my house one day and so I'll show you how to celebrate a Christmas." She said with some pride and a smile on her face.

Draco was both confused and surprised by what Annelisse had just said. For a second he even thought this was all some practical joke.

"You—would you invite me?" He asked her, unsure.

"Of course." Annelisse smiled sincerely, as did her words "If we can get out of here alive and we don't freeze to death." She joked, opening her eyes a little wider.

Annelisse had just invited Draco Malfoy himself to her house. Draco could not help it and, for the first time since they had been there, he started laughing at what Annelise had said.

When she saw him, she could not help but smile at this image. She was watching the boy in front of her, cheerful, and for the first time, she saw a very different Draco Malfoy from the one people saw.

___________________

Hello loves!

Are you enjoying the story? Because we haven't started yet, ahfkskgg.

As usual, thanks for reading. Please, vote and comment, it means a lot to me to know that you like the story.

Love you all, xx