Part twenty two

GOING BACK TO HOGWARTS  had been great for Annelisse.  During the journey back to the castle and dinner, she had brought Mittie and Thaddeus up to date on her Christmas break, telling them everything that happened with Draco, excited.

During this, they did not stop looping glances from one side of the Great Hall to the other.

"And he hasn't asked you yet?"  Mittie asked in some confusion.

"No, but it doesn't matter."  She smiled at her. It was true, although Annelisse wanted to be officially Draco's girlfriend, she liked how they were.

"I still can't believe it."  Thaddeus added, his eyes wide. Annelisse had previously sent him a letter during break, telling about Draco but he did not want to believe it until now.

"Not that he was the devil. He's just a normal guy."

"That's not true." Mittie denied "He'll be a normal guy to you but it's Draco Malfoy we're talking about."

"Mittie!"  She scolded her "Keep your voice down, I don't need all of Hogwarts to know either."

"Sorry."

"And, have you guys arranged to see each other later?"

"Yes."  She responded with a big smile on her face.  After curfew, they had arranged to secretly meet in Myrtle's bathroom and spent some time alone.

"And how about his friends?"

"They're great. At the dance they were very nice to me. I even danced with Blaise."

"Seriously?!" She said surprised.

"Well, he's Pansy's boyfriend, it's okay,  but hey, don't say anything. I don't know if I'm authorized to tell."

"Oh my gosh, Ann. You stay locked up with Malfoy for five hours and your life changes completely!" Thaddeus said out loud.

"Idiot, don't yell."  Mittie said after hitting him on the head. He complained of pain but did not respond.

The three of them ended up laughing among themselves and continued eating dinner while Annelisse occasionally looked into the distance, fixing her eyes on Draco and being surprised that he did the same, as if they could feel each other.

Without even realizing it, dinner passed quickly and it was time to go to their common rooms.  Mittie and Annelisse said their goodbyes to Thaddeus after spending time with him there and headed to their room.  She, Annelisse, was looking forward to eleven o'clock so she could meet Draco finally.

Mittie kept her company until the long-awaited hour and then said goodbye.  Annelisse sneaked out of the Hufflepuff common room trying not to be seen.  Despite the fact that she had already done that before, she found it this time more exciting than ever, feeling the adrenaline that that entailed.

She made her way through the dark castle, making as little noise as possible and finally reached the hallway that led to the girls' bathroom.  She looked around her once more and making sure that no one was there, she quickened her pace to get there earlier.

When she did, she knocked on the door three times, paused, and knocked one more time. That, used to be her greeting so Myrtle would know it was her.

When she walked in, Myrtle immediately went to meet her.

"Look who we have around here. How was your Christmas break?"  Myrtle asked.

"Very well, I have many things to tell you."  She said excitedly "Besides, today we have a special guest."  She opened her eyes and pressed her lips together.

"Oh! Who is it?"

"You wouldn't believe it."

"Test."

"Draco... Malfoy."  She pressed her lips together again.

"What?"  She asked raising her voice, too much.

"Shh, they'll hear us."  She moved her hands.

"I drop dead." Myrtle brought her hand to her forehead. Annelisse laughed at the redundancy.

"Be nice. I know how you behave with the new ones." She raised an eyebrow.

Myrtle sighed "Okay,  I'll try my best." said and giggled.

As Annelisse told Myrtle how her Christmas had been, Draco was walking through the halls of the castle trying not to be seen and heading to the bathroom to meet her lovely Annelisse.

When he finally arrived, he came in slowly without making much noise and could hear little laughter. He smiled upon hearing hers.

"We already have your prince charming here."  Myrtle commented upon seeing Draco.

Annelisse turned around, so she could see him and smiled.  They both walked towards each other and hugged each other tightly after not having been able to do so for a few days.

"Sorry I'm late. Snape was keeping watch and I had to dodge him as best I could."

"It's okay, I was just talking to Myrtle."  She smiled.

"Malfoy, Malfoy."  Myrtle said approaching them, looking at them with a funny smile "Have you already asked her out?"

"Myrtle! What did I just tell you?"  She reprimanded her with a frown, to which Draco couldn't help but laugh seeing her so embarrassed.  Her cheeks were absolutely red.

"Well, if you don't give us privacy, I can't ask her." Draco replied. Annelisse looked at him surprised by those words, blushing.

"Whoops, I think Sir Nicholas is calling me."  Myrtle said to then fly through the bathroom and disappear.

Annelisse and Draco looked at each other, though she lowered her head again, still embarrassed by the situation.  She felt that her heart was racing a thousand an hour, as if it was going to leave her chest.

Draco sighed "So how should I do it?"  He raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know."  She said in a small voice.

"And then how do you want me to know?"

"I—I don't know, Draco. I didn't want you to—"

"Don't you wanna date with me? Oh well. I'm going to—"

"No! It's just—" Draco started to laugh, interrupting Annelisse, who frowned in confusion.

"You are truly a Hufflepuff." He looked at her in a tender way, loving once more the way she was, so pure.

"Glad you have fun."  She said looking at him badly.

He sighed, moving closer to her and cupping her face in his hands, cradling it tenderly. "Lisse, I'm kidding. Of course I want to date with you." He looked at her as if he expected something.

"Oh, now am I the one who has to ask?"  She raised an eyebrow in disbelief.

"That, Annelisse, means I want you to be my girlfriend." She felt her body tingling at those words, her heart racing more and more  "Would you do me the honor?" He added softly.

To which she was speechless but a big smile appeared on her face. She nodded at such a proposal, and how could she not?Annelisse wanted as much as Draco to make it official.

Both merged in a passionate and tender kiss, sealing what began that night between them. Draco Malfoy had a girlfriend for the first time and he felt like the luckiest boy in the world, he had the most perfect girl he thought he could get.