Part thirteen

HER WORLD STOPPED at those words.  Her heart was racing so much that she could hear it, crashing into her chest as if it was trying to get out.  Draco looked at her in a tender way and a sincere smile as they continued to dance slowly without taking their eyes off each other.

Annelisse did not know how to react to that and although she knew how she wanted to do it, she just leaned towards him slowly, reaching for his cheek and placed a soft kiss on it.  Right after, she rested her head on Draco's chest, continuing to dance. Everything Draco made her to feel was overwhelming and she did not know how to act due to her inexperience with boys.

Draco felt largely frustrated but very lucky. Although it was not exactly what he expected, just the fact that Annelisse had given him a kiss on the cheek was enough to make him feel like the happiest boy in the world.

And even though he did not get Annelisse's kiss, he felt good with her in his arms and he did not want this moment to ever end. He wished he could stop time and stay just like this with her.

Draco pulled away from Annelisse without letting go of her hand and rolled her over onto her feet, causing her to smile widely for it.

"You are already a good dancer."  He said in a low voice looking at her as they put their hands together again and continued dancing.

"Well, I've had a good teacher." Annelisse smiled at him with a shrug.

"So, are you going to book me a dance for the Ball?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Of course, Mr. Malfoy. I'll dance with you."

To which Draco could not help but give a little laugh.  He made Annelisse roll over on her feet and released her, letting her dance on her own.

Annelisse continued to turn around one more time and began dancing absurdly, causing Draco to laugh at it.  He loved her that way;  spontaneous, carefree, doing what she wanted without caring what people thought of her.  He liked her looseness and her free soul.

When she stopped, turned to Draco and wrapped her arms around his neck while Draco's rested on Annelisse's waist.  They both grinned widely and their gazes connected once more.

Draco's thumbs lightly caressed her waist, making her shiver at the touch of him, causing her skin to crawl.

Once again they were out of breath again, feeling so close to each other.  Draco's hand came up to Annelisse's face and he stroked it gently. At that very moment, neither of them were more afraid, they had wanted to do it for too long and could no longer contain their desire.

They could feel their breaths because of the little space that separated them. Both trembled slightly, nervous, eager for what they had long hoped to do. Draco slowly approached, shortening even more the little space that separated them. Annelisse, feeling her heart in her mouth, closed her eyes, waiting for that moment she had so longed for.  She could almost feel his lips and she felt like she was about to touch the sky.

Draco began to feel her lips, brushing very lightly with his and they both gasped at the sensation. It was as if they were on a roller coaster, they felt that tickle in stomach growing more and more.

A roller coaster that disappeared in less than a second when they heard the classroom door open and they turned their faces towards it, vanishing completely the moment.

Through the door appeared nothing more and nothing less than Professor McGonagall with concern on her face "Mr. Malfoy, Miss Haunt. I finally found you."  She said that last with relief in her voice.

Both, Draco and Annelisse, felt like they had been hit and fallen. Minerva had interrupted that perfect moment for them and she had no idea.  They both shot each other a frustrated look mixed with some shyness.

She started walking towards them "We've been looking for you all day, where were you at?"  She raised her hands, expressing herself.

"I, uh—you see, Professor..." Annelisse started to say.

"We got locked in here by mistake, Professor."  Draco replied "We couldn't go out and we didn't have our wands."

Minerva raised an eyebrow at that explanation, surprised "And can you tell what you were doing here to stay locked up? Because if I remember correctly, access to the Astronomy tower is not allowed, especially on a day like this."

"That's my fault. My cat, Buttons, ran away and came here. Then we got locked up."

Minerva sighed heavily "Well, at least you were able to keep each other company."  She looked at Annelisse and then at Draco "Your parents have come to pick you up, Mr. Malfoy. They're still here, I think you should go see them."  She signaled him to leave.

Annelisse and Draco looked at each other for a second before leaving, telling with their gazes how they did not want to separate from each other, but finally Annelisse smiled at him, letting him know that everything was fine, but it wasn't at all, the moment they had feared had come;  break away.

"And you, Miss Haunt, should take your cat and go back to your common room. Your friends are desperately asking for you, they even came looking for me."

"I'm sorry, Professor."  She apologized and called Buttons, who was not far from her and in a few seconds he appeared. Annelisse took him in her arms, said goodbye and hurriedly disappeared from there while Minerva watched her and let out a great sigh.

"Blessed students."  She muttered to herself.