Part seventeen

THIS CHRISTMAS was being something else for both, Draco and Annelisse. From day one they were written and so on for the next four days. At least five letters were sent a day, telling each other what they did during the day and how much they missed each other. They anxiously waited for the day of the Christmas Ball to meet again.

That morning, Annelisse got up a little later than usual and went downstairs for breakfast. She still felt strange waking up at her house but she was delighted to spend time with her brothers and parents.

Dalton and Aiden, her little brothers, still attended a Muggle school. Aiden had already shown his powers and he would start at Hogwarts next year. Instead, Dalton still had not shown any signs of magic even though he desperately wanted to be just as cool — as he says— as all his siblings.

"Good morning." Annelisse said with a smile, walking into the kitchen.

Her mother, who was preparing breakfast, turned after hearing her and smiled "Good morning, honey. Did you sleep well?"

"Yes." She responded by approaching her mother and watching what she was preparing for breakfast. She inhaled, getting the scent of it "Hmm, pancakes, what are they this time?" Added excitedly.

"Banana and chocolate." At those words, Annelisse licked her lips.

The Haunts used to have traditions, especially at Christmas, and one of them was that; for a week, until the day after Christmas, they had pancakes for breakfast, each day with something different, trying new flavors.

Annelisse prepared a plate for herself, taking pancakes that were already made and sat down at the table. As soon as she did, she took a large piece of them and put it in her mouth, savoring it. She rolled her eyes slightly in pleasure.

The sound of accelerating footsteps made her look up and she saw Dalton running through the kitchen. He rushed over to her and stole a pancake from Annelisse's plate.

"Hey!" Exclaimed. She got up and began to chase after him, trying to catch up with him while Dalton laughed a bit maliciously at what he had done "Come here, bug." She teased him, making him nervous.

In a few seconds, Annelisse caught up with him and lifted him into her arms, even turning him over and leaving him face down.

"I got you." Said with a victorious smile. She started to tickle him and Dalton started laughing non-stop "Are you going to steal my pancakes again?" Annelisse said as she continued her torture but he did not answer "Say it, or I won't stop."

"Okay, okay!" He said as he could, laughing.

Annelisse stopped and put him down. She looked up at him with amusement. Finally she smiled and hugged him tightly "Come on, let's finish having breakfast." She put her arm around him and they returned to the kitchen.

"Honey, you have another letter." Her mother said as soon as she saw them enter again.

Annelisse started to smile and walked over to the table where they used to leave mail. She searched through all of the letters and then saw it, smiling even more. Draco had responded.

She sat down on the table again and nervously opened it. She took out the letter and began to read it.

Lisse,

There are only two days left to see you and I can't wait any longer. I need to hear your voice again, your laugh. Everything is boring without you.

I know you told me you didn't want any gifts but I couldn't resist. I saw this in a store and I can't imagine a better neck than yours to make it shine.

Draco

Annelisse frowned slightly, she took the envelope to look inside and found a necklace in it. She pulled it out for a better look. It was a simple silver necklace with a small heart and a small diamond on it.

She bit her lower lip at such a jewel, Annelisse certainly loved it. Her thumb caressed the heart of the necklace, gently as she thought about how great Draco was. She really wanted to see him again.

"Good Morning." Her older brother's voice echoed through the kitchen and she looked up. Patrick walked over to Annelisse after greeting her mother and planted a kiss on her head, to which she smiled.

"Good morning, Pat."

"Little sister, what is that?" He signaled with his head. Annelisse did not answer, hiding the necklace, but there was a noticeable smile on her face. After preparing a cup of coffee, Patrick sat next to her and Dalton "Is that your fan again?" He raised an eyebrow, looking at the letter.

"Oh, shut up, you idiot." She blushed.

"When are we going to meet that mysterious boy who you write so much to?" Her mother asked and she sat at the table with all of them.

Annelisse had not talked much about Draco at home yet, only had explained to them that she had met a boy and she liked him.

"Does Annie have a boyfriend?" Dalton said.

"It seems." Patrick replied, teasing a little as he raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, stop it." She sighed "Well... you see, Mom. He invited me to a Ball which his family celebrates the day after Christmas. In two days. I'd like to go."

"That's great, honey. Sure, you can."

"And... I had thought that one day he would come home to spend the day..." She bit her lip a little.

It took her mother a few seconds to respond but it seemed like forever to Annelisse, feeling her heart race.

"Sure, of course."

"Great, I'm going to meet my little sister's boyfriend." Patrick leaned back with his hands behind his head and a smile on face.

"He's not my boyfriend." She felt her cheeks burning, colors rising.

That was something they still had not discussed between her and Draco although they were not too concerned about it either. They were happy and very comfortable just as they were. In addition, Annelisse having never been with a boy as a couple she was a total inexperienced on the subject. She did not know if they would be a couple now, if she should officially ask him out or if he should do such a thing.

"Annie has a boyfriend! Annie has a boyfriend!"

"Stop it, Dalton!" She tossed him a piece of pancake, hitting him.

Dalton opened his mouth widely and without hesitation tossed a piece back at her.

"Hey, hey! No food fight, please. The last one ended very badly." Her mother frowned.

Annelisse and Dalton laughed at it, remembering it. If the Haunts had something, it was that they always had a great time in family and did a lot of crazy things.

"Mom, when is dad coming back?" Annelisse asked.

"At lunchtime. He went with Aiden to the mall to buy the last few presents. Why?"

"Oh... I just wanted to go out with Mittie today. Find some dress for the Ball."

"Sure. Tell her to stay for lunch or if she prefers to stay for the night... I'll let her mother know if you want."

"Thanks, mom." Annelisse said excitedly. She finished eating the pancakes and, with the last one still hanging from her mouth, she got up to go to her room in a hurry.

She had to shower, get ready. She had thought about buying a special dress for the Christmas Ball at Malfoy Manor and Mittie would help her choose the prettiest one for her.

Hey, loves!

  Thanks for reading, I hope you liked the chapter although  I know it's a bit boring but hey, there's still the Ball, so stay tuned!

Don't forget to vote and comment if you like it. It helps ♡

Love you all, xx