Part thirty two

September 23, 2002.

Another day, like the rest since then.  He entered the house and as soon as he did, Perseus came to greet him, rubbing against his legs asking for caresses.  He scooped him up with a slight smile on his face and hugged him, leaving a kiss on his head.

"Did you missed me?"  To which the cat meowed "Yes, I brought you the food."  He replied.

He let go of the cat leaving him on the floor, Draco walked towards the kitchen and Perseus followed him while still meowing.  He put the bag of food on the table and picked up the can of cat food.  He poured the food into a bowl and Perseus climbed onto the counter to begin eating.

Draco stroked him as he ate, the image of her coming to mind once more.  After all, the cat was the first gift she gave him when they met.  He sighed heavily feeling loneliness and sadness spring up again in him.  Some time had passed and he still wasn't used to his new life.

He had moved completely into the house she had chosen for them, hoping that one day she would return even if it was impossible.  It had been two years since she was not by his side and he could not deny it, he had not yet turned the page, she was present in everything he did.

He thanked her for the man she had turned him into but without her by his side, he didn't find any sense to be that way.

After a while, he decided to take her place in the Ministry and go to work, thinking it would keep him distracted instead of spending his days at home with Perseus, lamenting.  After all, two years had passed and he couldn't deny the truth no matter how hard he tried, Annelisse was gone and she would never come back.

He often wrote letters to her, as if she would one day read them even though in the end he never sent them.  That day was no different at all, he took a sheet of paper and began writing to her once more.

My dear Lisse,

Today it's been two years since you left me and I still can't get you out of my thoughts.  You are always there in my mind, smiling at me once more, looking at me with tenderness and love in your eyes.

You are in every corner of the house, in every thing I do, even in my dreams.  Why, why did you have to leave me?  Time passes slowly without you, nothing makes sense anymore if you're not here.

I couldn't even say goodbye to you, how did you have the courage to leave me like this?  You promised me when you accepted that ring, you looked me in the eye and whispered 'forever' to me.
We were going to get married, we were going to have a full life together. Damn it, Lissie.

And now my life is empty without you. Nothing can fill the empty space you left in me.

Do you remember when you started working and I used to go just to see you because I was bored being without you?  I continue to do so, imagining you still there in that Ministry office that now bears my name.

Although I know that only your memory remains, I still live in it because at the end of the day it's the best thing I have in my life.

Your memory.

Forever yours, Draco.